Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX localhost error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AIX localhost error Post 68907 by RTM on Friday 8th of April 2005 09:10:38 AM
Old 04-08-2005
Try doing a nslookup on localhost - it may be that localhost is defined in your DNS with a different address.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can not find localhost in xntpdc

When I run "xntpdc" I get an error saying "can not find local host". If I run a "host <hostname>" and exit "xntpdc", upon returning to "xntpdc" the program gives me the same error. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahnathan
1 Replies

2. Linux

apache@localhost.localdomain

Hello, I am ltrying to find the config file to modify a parameter for apache (I guess). Here, when sending mail using php web form I get a copy of all mail sent from that form, but here is a sample of what I get : From : apache@localhost.localdomain To : myemail@host.com Subject : Mail ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

localhost problem!

hello guys, this morning when I start my pc (gentoo) I get some strange errors about localhost. "Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName" ... Apache the same for my aplications, I have to use the full address of my pc instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: georgeplus
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while doing rcp to localhost

Hi, Rcping a file to localhost fails due to echo statement in .login file on a machine with RH 5.5 However, the same rcp is successful on another machine with Suse 9.2 (with the same .login). I cannot change .login file and was wondering at what could be causing this ? Command that I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolket
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running localhost:8080 on firefox gives error .

I have copied a simple.xml file into the folder /var/www/html and trying to access it on the brower by giving the command "http://localhost:8080/simple.xml" but it gives "Connection Failed " Error . While if i type "http://localhost/" It dispays the contents of the index.html file in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhumathikv
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't Open Display localhost:0.0

I'm trying to connect to my linux server but I'm having some major problems. The server had OEL 5 installed and my local pc is running Windows XP. I'm using PuTTy to connect to the server with Xming running on my loacl machine. I login as root and run the following command - export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DIG uses localhost

Hi, I have these entries in the /etc/esolv.conf: ------------ domain xxxxxx search yyyyyy nameserver 127.0.0.1 nameserver aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nameserver bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb ------------- When I use 'dig' or 'nslookup' command, like 'dig yahoo.com' it uses the localhost as the server. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Timeout: No Response from localhost

Hi All! I having an issue when trying to run snmpwalk, so the following command it returns an error: bash-3.00# /usr/sfw/bin/snmpwalk -v 2c -c public localhost sysDescr.0 Timeout: No Response from localhost bash-3.00# I have checked also: bash-3.00# svcs -a | grep sma online ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

9. Debian

Waiting for localhost.

I am getting the message - waiting for localhost. Here are some diagnostic steps I have tried .... root@meow:/home/ethan# cat /var/www/cgi-bin/httpd.conf ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/jkj ServerName 127.0.0.1:80 Listen xx.xx.xx.xx:80 Listen 127.0.0.1:80 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot find localhost

I get a "not found" error from this localhost/choice.php ethan@meow:~$ ping 127.0.0.1 PING 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.025 ms 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.036 m and this ethan@meow:~$ mysql -u... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
4 Replies
rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)					  System Administration Commands				       rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)

NAME
rpc.nisd_resolv, nisd_resolv - NIS+ service daemon SYNOPSIS
rpc.nisd_resolv [-v | -V] [ -F [-C fd]] [-t xx] [-p yy] DESCRIPTION
rpc.nisd_resolv is an auxiliary process which provides DNS forwarding service for NIS hosts requests to both ypserv and rpc.nisd that are running in the NIS compatibility mode. It is generally started by invoking rpc.nisd(1M) with the -B option or ypserv(1M) with the -d option. Although it is not recommended, rpc.nisd_resolv can also be started independently with the following options. This command requires that the /etc/resolv.conf file be setup for communication with a DNS nameserver. The nslookup utility can be used to verify communication with a DNS nameserver. See resolv.conf(4) and nslookup(1M). OPTIONS
-F Run in foreground. -C fd Use fd for service xprt (from nisd). -v Verbose. Send output to the syslog daemon. -V Verbose. Send output to stdout. -t xx Use transport xx. -p yy Use transient program# yy. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nslookup(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), resolv.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)