Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing A Printer In Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Changing A Printer In Unix Post 6888 by patvdv on Friday 14th of September 2001 09:57:32 AM
Old 09-14-2001
alias

You can start by checking whether your printer was set up with an IP alias in /etc/hosts or not. If so it's just a matter of changing the entry in /etc/hosts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding printer in unix

Hello guys... can anybody please tell me how to add a printer in unix environment? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bong m
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris UNIX Printer Setup

I have a HP laserjet 5Si MX on a Microsoft network that I need to route my print output to. I have setup a host that amounts to just the ip address of the printer, and created a printer that is connected to that host. My print is sent directly to the printer, but it is not formatted correctly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Skipping page by UNIX printer

I have HP UNIX 10.20 and whenever anything is printed on DFX 8000, it skips a page. How could I give an lp command so that a) the printer does not skip a page b) Even if it skips a page, the next time it should automatically use the blank page it has ejected. In this way, I can reduce the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCPIP Printer in Unix

How do we install a Printer connected directly to network with a private IP of 192.9.168.109 on a SUN system with IP of 192.9.168.2 so that we can use it with the lp command. The printer is a standard Line Matrix Printer. I would like to know how to add it from COMMANDLINE also. Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: /etc/passwd
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer + Unix (SCO)

Hello, I'm a real noob with Unix. I have to make an installation of a printer, EPSON LQ 2080 (impact printer) on local port ltp, on a Unix SCO 5.7. So....where can I find the driver, and how can I install it on a sco ? Sorry for my english, i'm frenchy ;) Thank you ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kok
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Printer in unix

I am trying to find the list of printers(names) in the network from unix server. can anybody help me . I need the command. Thanks in advance. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijisenthil
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to allow unix regular user to disable a unix printer

HI, I'm trying to create a script that a regular unix user can run from a unix menu and disable and enable a unix printer. Any help will be very helpful. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miguelpza
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to configure printer in unix

Hi, os-sun solaris(5.10) I am working in unix server. I try to take print in unix.but i got following error. anyone tell me solution for this problem. $ lp hi.sql _default: unknown printer thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

fax to printer from unix?

Our HP 11.11 is networked to several printers with fax capabilities. Is it possible to send a file to be faxed by the printer? I know that RICOH offers a Java API, but that costs 4500 for 1yr membership and 3000 every year after that. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariqjamal
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find IP Address of a Printer Q in Hp-Unix

Could anyone help me to identify the IP address of a printer queue with its printer queue name information . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lenin1985
1 Replies
avahi.hosts(5)                                                  File Formats Manual                                                 avahi.hosts(5)

NAME
avahi.hosts - avahi-daemon static host name file SYNOPSIS
/etc/avahi/hosts DESCRIPTION
/etc/avahi/hosts is a file which may be used to define static host name to IP address mappings for multicast DNS. This is especially useful when publishing DNS-SD services on behalf of other hosts. See avahi.service(5) for more information. The file format is similar to the one of /etc/hosts: on each line an IP address and the corresponding host name. The host names should be in FQDN form, i.e. with appended .local suffix. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-daemon(8), avahi.service(5) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi.hosts(5)