Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help me to Build a Home LAN Please. Post 68750 by mosqueda_albert on Wednesday 6th of April 2005 04:35:33 PM
Old 04-06-2005
Bug Thanks

Hi all

Thank you very much "tmarikle", "Just Ice" and "Neo" for your assitance. I will start by getting the devices and start connecting everything. I'm pretty sure I will come across with issues around the Ultra-10 configuration to talk to the switch and the internet afterwards, when this happend I probably will come to you again with new questions.

Thanks again very well appreciated Smilie

Until then

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Configuration for a home LAN

I would like to see if anybody can give me any insights on this issue. Possibly somebody may have posted something like this before but provided I couldn't find any matching threads in the forum search, I post it here. I'm on GNU/Linux with iptables. I have a home LAN with the gateway connected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbkihong
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to configure private LAN and coporate LAN on the same machine-Solaris10

Hi , I am trying to configure a private LAN and corporate LAN on the same machien on Solaris 10. How can I achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deedee
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Local Lan, no-ip directed DNS forward, surf within lan

Hi, We have a website running on a local centos 5.4 surfer, static IP. The domain.com uses no-ip.com to take care of the DNS, it forwards all to my server. My router receives the port 80 call, routes it to my server and the world can see domain.com perfectly fine. However, we cannot see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
3 Replies

4. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Different hostnames with reboot while lan cable, no lan cable

I am facing strange problem regarding hostname on my Linux(2.6.18-164.el5xen x86_64 GNU/Linux), the hostname changes if reboot with lan cable and with NO lan cable Reboot with lan cable: The hostname is ubunut Unable to connect Oracle database using sqlplus some times database is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

DIY build your own website server from home

Does anyone would know a good tutorial for someone with basic linux/unix knowledge in order to build and setup a home website server? 1) First: I would like a step by step practical how to, with an example, and a good introduction to more detailed theory. 2) Second : What is the best and more... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SDK Build on Kernel Source Build

Hi, So I downloaded this kernel source and was able to build it successfully. But I want to add this SDK source code inside, can anyone help me how to do this? Note that the SDK source can be built by itself. I added the SDK in the main Makefile: init-y := init/ #added SDK... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

(VS 2008) New build config looking files from other folder build config

Hi Team, My new build configuration always looking for the files from the build where i copied from. please help me to resolve this. I am using Visual studio 2008.It has Qt 4.8. plugins,qml,C++ development I created new debug_new build configuration with additional preprocessor from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
1 Replies
cyclades-serial-client(8)												 cyclades-serial-client(8)

NAME
cyclades-serial-client Serial Port Interface for Cyclades Terminal Servers SYNOPSIS
cyclades-serial-client (start | stop | restart | status) [devname] DESCRIPTION
For each physical port listed in cyclades-devices file, cyclades-serial-client controls the status of the corresponding cyclades-ser-cli interface. OPTIONS
cyclades-serial-client must be invoked with one of the (start, stop, restart or status), and optionaly with a argument associated to a spe- cific device. In this case, the action spedified as the option will be performed only for this device. If this argument was not supplied, the action will be performed for all devices listed in cyclades-devices file. The mandatory options are: start - Starts the cyclades-ser-cli program, using parameters supplied in the cyclades-devices file. If this program is already running, a message will be displayed, and no additional copy will be started. stop - Stops the cyclades-ser-cli program(s), by issuing a SIGTERM signal. restart - Simulates a hangup to cyclades-ser-cli program(s), by issuing a SIGUSR1 signal. status - Checks the status of cyclades-ser-cli programs(s). EXAMPLES
Assuming the the following cyclades-devices file configuration: /dev/ctty01:pr3k:1:rtelnet: /dev/ctty02:pr3k:2:socket: 1 . Start all devices: cyclades-serial-client start Messages: "Starting /dev/ctty01 <==> pr3k:1 interface" "Starting /dev/ctty02 <==> pr3k:2 interface" 2 . Try to start them again: cyclades-serial-client start Messages: "cyclades-serial-client : /dev/ctty01 already active" "cyclades-serial- client : /dev/ctty02 already active" 3 . Stop only /dev/ctty01 device: cyclades-serial-client stop /dev/ctty01 Messages: "Stopping /dev/ctty01 <==> pr3k:2 interface" 4 . Checking status: cyclades-serial-client status Messages: "/dev/ctty01 (rtelnet at pr3k:1) is inactive" "/dev/ctty02 ( socket at pr3k:2) active, pid 2983" 5 . Start a non-valid device cyclades-serial-client start /dev/xtty01 Messages: "cyclades-serial-client : device /dev/xtty01 does not exist" SEE ALSO
cyclades-ser-cli(1), cyclades-devices(5) cyclades-serial-client(8)