Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO ftp problem with Openserver 5.0.5 Post 68731 by cclonan on Wednesday 6th of April 2005 01:33:51 PM
Old 04-06-2005
Thank you for your help. My default route was not set correctly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Installation Problem in Unix Openserver

I have certain problems while Installing UNIX OPENSERVER.Could anyone solve that if I provide that problem. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajraius
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO openserver 5 install problem

Hello all, I'm trying to install SCO openserver 5 on a 2.5 Gig hard drive, and I tried fdisk and a low-level format of the drive. When I insert the boot diskette all seems fine, and it asks me to set the cd-rom and it sees it and reads from it. Well, I'm thinking all is well until right after I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: immulett
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO OpenServer Booting Problem

My company has a Compaq NeoServer running SCO OpenServer Release 5 (vintage late 1998) that we inherited from another small company. This has been a very reliable file server for our small company. We recently installed a new Linux server and would like to convert the NeoServer to other functions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jeff Boyce
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RE: login problem with SCO openserver

I am running the beta version of Openserver by SCO and the Graphical login only gives me the option of logging into the system v xwindows and I know that this build included KDE 3.3 I have tried the kde kdm command at shell prompt: command not found. Any ideas anyone? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coreykirk
0 Replies

5. SCO

printing problem in sco5.0.7 openserver

hi all, i have recntly installed sco openserver 5.0.7. the machine is having onboard ,pci parrallel port card.while iam giving printing via onboard parallel port its printing absolutely fine.but if i give printots via pci parallel port printer prints very slowly.it stops for a few seconds... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunvmk
0 Replies

6. SCO

sco openserver 5.07 installation problem

Hi everyone, We r installing sco openserver 5.07 on dell poweredge 2800 but we are facing problem when installing SCSI-raid drivers. Dell provide Perc4 raid card and we dont found raid drivers for this specific raid card. So we r stuck up on primary stage and we also dont know the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mineshkoli
2 Replies

7. SCO

ftp in openserver 6.0

I have noticed that opoenserver 6 takes a lot more time to present the login for a ftp connection from another machine; longer than sco 5.0.7. Does anyone know why? Is there a way to tweak it to be faster? Any help would be appreciated Juan Navarrete (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jn5519
6 Replies

8. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 Installation problem

we are installing Openserver 5.0.7, system have SAS controller (Hard Disk Attached) as well as Adaptec ultra 320 controller (Tape Drive Attached). At the time of installation we link both driver BTLD Boot: Defbootstr link=accraid ad320 Aftes succesfully installation of accraid btld... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hafizurr
6 Replies

9. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 Installation problem on HP ML310 G4

can not for the life of me workout which BTLD to load allways shows no HDD available can any one give me a clue tried hpsas aacraid lsil a160 a320 server is a ML310 G4 ?????:confused::confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wildginger
7 Replies

10. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 Problem

I am currently having a problem with my SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 / 3.2v5.0.5 system. Running smoothly for the past 3 years, at random on March 16, 2010 the system crashes. I reboot it. Everything is normal again. 9 hours later it crashes again. This cycle has repeated itself ever since then. System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesmith
2 Replies
ADVISE(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						      ADVISE(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_advise() - Controls use of direct task-to-task routing. [In Version 3.2: Replaced by pvm_setopt] SYNOPSIS
C int info = pvm_advise( int route ) Fortran call pvmfadvise( route, info ) PARAMETERS
route Integer advising PVM to set up direct task-to-task links. route options PvmDontRoute 1 Don't allow direct links to this task PvmAllowDirect 2 Allow but don't request direct links PvmRouteDirect 3 Request direct links info Integer returning error status. DESCRIPTION
The routine pvm_advise advises PVM on whether or not to set up direct task-to-task links (using TCP) for all subsequent communication. Once a link is established it remains until the application finishes. If a direct link can not be established because one of the two tasks has requested PvmDontRoute or because no resources are available, then the default route through the PVM daemons is used. pvm_advise can be called multiple times to selectively establish direct links, but is typically set only once near the beginning of each task. PvmAllowDi- rect is the default advise setting. This setting on task A allows other tasks to set up direct links to A. Once a direct link is estab- lished between tasks both tasks will use it for sending messages. pvm_advise returns the error status in info. The performance of direct task-to-task links can be up to a factor of two better than the default route. The draw back is a lack of scalability of the direct links. Some versions of UNIX limit the number of links to no more than 30. EXAMPLES
C: info = pvm_advise( PvmRouteDirect ); Fortran: CALL PVMFADVISE( PVMROUTEDIRECT, INFO ) ERRORS
This error condition can be returned by pvm_advise PvmBadParam giving an invalid route value. SEE ALSO
pvm_setopt(3PVM) 30 August, 1993 ADVISE(3PVM)