Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pipes inside
Top Forums Programming pipes inside Post 68729 by pranki on Wednesday 6th of April 2005 01:28:29 PM
Old 04-06-2005
The system is Solaris 10.
What about streams? As I know pipes physically are cycled arrays of bytes. I have to figure out where are these arrays situated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

PIPEs and Named PIPEs (FIFO) Buffer size

Hello! How I can increase or decrease predefined pipe buffer size? System FreeBSD 4.9 and RedHat Linux 9.0 Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd using pipes

Hi, Can the cd command be invoked using pipes??? My actual question is slightly different. I am trying to run an executable from different folders and the path of these folders are obtained dynamically from the front end. Is there a way in which i can actually run the executable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sinbad
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt about pipes

can we use pipes to redirect the output of any command to grep ..... like i wanted to write this script about checking the online status of a certain user so ...can i send the output of who to grep directly using pipes... one way was this : who > temp grep $uname temp i was wondering if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evergreen_cool
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping a array inside inside ssh is not working, pls help

set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START ssh -xq $Server1 -l $Username /usr/bin/ksh <<-EOS integer j=0 for loop in ${arr} do printf "array - ${arr}\n" (( j = j + 1 )) j=`expr j+1` done EOS # END ========= this is not giving me correct output. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

broken pipes

A broken pipe means that you are writing onto a pipe that has been closed by the other end. i have unix batch which forks some process and these processes are communicating each other via pipes. but sometimes i got too many broken pipe error. how can i search for the cause of these errors,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yakari
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning about pipes!

im trying to figure out how to do the following: using pipes to combine grep and find commands to print all lines in files that start with the letter f in the current directory that contain the word "test" for example? again using pipes to combine grep and find command, how can I print all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ez45
1 Replies

7. Programming

Pipes in C

Hello all, I am trying to learn more about programming Unix pipes in C. I have created a pipe that does od -bc < myfile | head Now, I am trying to create od -bc < myfile | head | wc Here is my code, and I know I might be off, thats why I am here so I can get some clarification. #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petrca
1 Replies

8. Programming

Problem with pipes

problem solved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superfons
1 Replies

9. Programming

Question on pipes in C

If a code forks 2 childs, what can the values be for the process id's of each of the child? I child pid is supposed to be 0, but what if you fork 2 of them? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renumber position 88-94 inside all files matching criteria inside folder

There are 4 files inside one folder matching criteria i.e. File name = ABCJmdmfbsjopXXXXXXX_mm-dd-yyyy_XXX.data Here is the Code which find the files matching criteria:- TS=`date +"%m-%d-%Y"`| for fname in `find . -name "ABCJmdmfbsjop???????_${TS}*.data"` do # Matching File Processing Code.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
1 Replies
MKFIFO(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         MKFIFO(1)

NAME
mkfifo - make FIFOs (named pipes) SYNOPSIS
mkfifo [OPTION]... NAME... DESCRIPTION
Create named pipes (FIFOs) with the given NAMEs. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -m, --mode=MODE set file permission bits to MODE, not a=rw - umask -Z set the SELinux security context to default type --context[=CTX] like -Z, or if CTX is specified then set the SELinux or SMACK security context to CTX --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report mkfifo translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
mkfifo(3) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/mkfifo> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) mkfifo invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 MKFIFO(1)