Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Space in the directory name
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Space in the directory name Post 6868 by nitin on Friday 14th of September 2001 01:44:43 AM
Old 09-14-2001
I looked into my script and saw that "grep" is doing fine a job by capturing the names of directories with space. The awk is not transferring the names correctly. It cuts the directory field until it encounters a space. I am thinking of doing some kind of substitution. Can anyone help me now?
Thanks in advance,
Nitin Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space left under current directory

What utility (or combination of utilities) can I use to find out how much disk space a directory and its subdirectories take up. I currently am using 'df' to see partition space/size, 'ls' doesn't seem like displaying directory info TIA SmartJuniorUnix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check directory space?

Is there some command I can use to check to see if there is 2 Gig of space available in a directory before I created a 2 Gig file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Space Used by Directory Tree

Can someone tell me how I can determine how much space (blocks) have been used by a given directory tree? I periodically need to know how much space is consumed by a directory and all of its files and subdirectories and their files in either KB or blocks. I have tried df and du but these do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnk99
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I increase disk space available to a directory?

I know very basic Unix commands s I would really appreacite the assistance of a Unix guru. I am installing an application on a Sun server, when attempting to install I get an error that says I do not have enough sapce allocated for my install directory. Error says it has 7235m but needs 15360m.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhack
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space issue with Directory

Hi, How can I check whether a directory has enough space to create file? I have checked the space is availabe in the file system. For example: the directory /var/tmp resides in root file system. In the root file system currently 20% (5.5gb) space availabe. but how can I check the in the /var/tmp,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

/boot directory out of space

We applied updates on saturday and noted that we have used 97% of our /boot directory. How can I tell what files i can keep or get rid of in this directory? or how can I increase the size of this partition. Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 9) 2.4.21-57.ELsmp Thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redac
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the free space of a particular directory

Hi Guys, I want to find the free space of a particular directory,, Regards, Magesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding space to a directory?

I need to add space to certain directory. I believe I need to add space to the filesystem this directory belongs to. How can I find out what filesystem this directory belongs to? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display all directory/sub directory with occupied space?

Hello, I am using Red Hat linux system. I see my /work directory has used space 300GB. But there are so many sub directory under /work. I want to list each direcotry and under all subdirectory. But i want to know how much space occupied by each directory. What kind of command i can use to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handle space in directory name

I have two servers in subject, say server1 and server2. I have shell scripts on server1. We have a directory on server2 from where the files need to be scp to server1. The directory on server2 is having space in its name. I have script on server1 that takes the directory path of server2 as a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Longfellow
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)