Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users running linux ppc on a mac 7200 Post 6856 by ignus on Thursday 13th of September 2001 03:56:45 PM
Old 09-13-2001
running linux ppc on a mac 7200

running linux ppc on a mac 7200... can someone please tell me how to do this... it says something about a red hat installer??

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Terminal and/or X-Windows in Mac OS X

Quick question: When I load up Terminal or X-Windows on my Mac, and the prompt comes up...what folder am I starting in? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liquidcross
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

boot the 32 bit kernel on a 64 bit PPC Linux machine?

Hi all, I'm looking to cover a corner case for an upcoming test cycle. Is there a way to boot a RedHat Advanced Server 4 (update 3) installed on a Power PC machine to use a 32 bit kernel? This would be similar to what is done here -> https://www.unix.com/aix/26204-aix-platform.html I've done... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philrau
0 Replies

3. Linux

Live CD (Linux) for Max OS X PowerPC (PPC) ?

Can anyone recommend a good, supported linux live boot CD for a Mac PPC? I found some on the net, but the ones I found seemed old and unsupported. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

4. Programming

fcntl works in linux but not in mac os x

Hi, Unless I am missing some serious differences in Mac and linux in terms of C programming, I dont know why this would happen. Please take a look at the following piece of code fragment: bool add_input_to_db(Cons *new_data) { // Set the attributes of the lock struct flock fl =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newhere
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Fedora 12 on PPC

I'm trying to install a linux system on a IBM PowerPC 275 system. I noticed that fedora 12 supports PowerPC. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't want to pay the fee for an enterprise licence for red hat or suse. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

GNU sed running on Mac

Super basic question. I installed sed GNU on a MAC running High Sierra. However, when I run sed '1i>sometext, I get the following error: sed: 1: "1isometext"; command i expects \ followed by text I have added the \ with no success. Is there anyway I can run sed and awk on MAC in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
SETARCH(8)						       System Administration							SETARCH(8)

NAME
setarch - change reported architecture in new program environment and set personality flags SYNOPSIS
setarch arch [options] [program [arguments]] arch [options] [program [arguments]] DESCRIPTION
setarch This utility currently only affects the output of uname -m. For example, on an AMD64 system, running 'setarch i386 program' will cause 'program' to see i686 (or other relevant arch) instead of x86_64 as machine type. It also allows to set various personality options. The default program is /bin/sh. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Be verbose. -h, --help Display help (it is also displayed when setarch takes no arguments). --uname-2.6 Causes the program to see a kernel version number beginning with 2.6. -3, --3gb Specifies that processes should use a maximum of 3GB of address space on systems where it is supported (ADDR_LIMIT_3GB). -B, --32bit Turns on ADDR_LIMIT_32BIT. -F, --fdpic-funcptrs Userspace function pointers point to descriptors (turns on FDPIC_FUNCPTRS). -I, --short-inode Turns on SHORT_INODE. -L, --addr-compat-layout Changes the way virtual memory is allocated (turns on the ADDR_COMPAT_LAYOUT). -R, --addr-no-randomize Disables randomization of the virtual address space (turns on ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE). -S, --whole-seconds Turns on WHOLE_SECONDS. -T, --sticky-timeouts Turns on STICKY_TIMEOUTS. -X --read-implies-exec Turns on READ_IMPLIES_EXEC. -Z, mmap-page-zero Turns on MMAP_PAGE_ZERO. EXAMPLES
setarch ppc32 rpmbuild --target=ppc --rebuild foo.src.rpm setarch ppc32 -v -vL3 rpmbuild --target=ppc --rebuild bar.src.rpm setarch ppc32 --32bit rpmbuild --target=ppc --rebuild foo.src.rpm AUTHOR
Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> Jindrich Novy <jnovy@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The setarch command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2007 SETARCH(8)