Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I need translation!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I need translation! Post 68547 by 801238429 on Tuesday 5th of April 2005 10:31:20 AM
Old 04-05-2005
I need translation!

Someone give me info on this script. I put all the parts I do not understand in BOLD. Please someone explain what the parts in BOLD does/mean. Thanks!

#!/bin/bash
#Usage: cmdArgs.sh arg1 arg2 arg3
printf "The number of command line args is: $#\n"
declare -i counter #Not strictly necessary to declare
echo "The name of this script is: $0"
let counter=1
for x in $@
do
#Test if the argument is also a file
if [[ -f $x ]]
then
printf "The Argument is also a file... "
fi
echo "Argument #$counter is: $x"
let counter=$counter+1
done
if [[ $# < 1 ]]
then
echo "You need to add some command line args"
exit 1
else
echo "Done!"
fi
exit 0

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need translation?

Can someone tell me exactly what this code is doing? # # gnutest # # Test launch of ghostscript (gs) from a script # rm gnutest.ps # # ------- calculation that would generate file(s) to # be plotted with gnuplot would be placed here ----------- # gnuplot << \E-o-f2 set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

2. Programming

Swedish Character translation

Sorry if this been posted before. At the moment I'm having problem with the iscntrl() function. I need it to run a check on code entered into a Text Box, however I also need to allow the "Ö, ö" Swedish characters. The iscntrl() function seems to pick up the characters above as part of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebelwassie
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help --translation

I am reading the SANS security policy--.I want to translate the to Chinese.But I don`t understand a paragraph of the. It is :"Where SNMP is used, the community strings must be defined as something other than the standard defaults of "public," "private" and "system" and must be different from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beijingzhzj
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX to HP-UX translation please

I have been looking up the allocated space, free space and the contents (raw, jfs, paging) of the logical volumes in AIX servers. I have been using lsvg and lsvg -l (server name). What is the HP-UX equivalent to that? I was given this command also so I would not have to type in each volume group... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: compan023
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Text Translation

hi all, Im a unix newbie and Im trying to find and replace text and I been looking at these posts since 7 am and I still dont see what Im after. Here is the task at hand. Im trying to translate few lines by doing cat <file> and here is what Im doing <file> 20110228 Mike Original apartment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PG3
4 Replies

6. AIX

Can't ping - IP translation issue?

Hello, Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I have a site-to-site VPN, across which data is synced between two CRM systems. The opposing side of this tunnel is a flat network (lets call it 201.200.156.xx/24) My internal network is a 192.168.0.xx/24 network, however before... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thruster9
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Network address translation

How would one approach the problem of determining the NAT tables of a router without knowing the userid and password. The only password holder died. I know the internal ip address of the router is 192.168.2.1, and also ports 80 or 8080 and 3389 are open. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
5 Replies
jrunscript(1)						      General Commands Manual						     jrunscript(1)

NAME
jrunscript - command line script shell SYNOPSIS
jrunscript [ options ] [ arguments... ] PARAMETERS
options Options, if used, should follow immediately after the command name. arguments Arguments, if used, should follow immediately after options or command name. DESCRIPTION
jrunscript is a command line script shell. jrunscript supports both an interactive (read-eval-print) mode and a batch (-f option) mode of script execution. This is a scripting language independent shell. By default, JavaScript is the language used, but the -l option can be used to specify a different language. Through Java to scripting language communication, jrunscript supports "exploratory programming" style. NOTE: This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-classpath path Specify where to find the user's .class files that are accessed by the script. -cp path This is a synonym for -classpath path -Dname=value Set a Java system property. -Jflag Pass flag directly to the Java virtual machine on which jrunscript is run. -l language Use the specified scripting language. By default, JavaScript is used. Note that to use other scripting languages, you also need to spec- ify the corresponding script engine's jar file using -cp or -classpath option. -e script Evaluate the given script. This option can be used to run "one liner" scripts specified completely on the command line. -encoding encoding Specify the character encoding used while reading script files. -f script-file Evaluate the given script file (batch mode). -f - Read and evaluate a script from standard input (interactive mode). -help Output help message and exit. -? Output help message and exit. -q List all script engines available and exit. ARGUMENTS
If [arguments...] are present and if no -e or -f option is used, then the first argument is the script file and the rest of the arguments, if any, are passed as script arguments. If [arguments..] and -e or -f option are used, then all [arguments..] are passed as script argu- ments. If [arguments..], -e and -f are missing, interactive mode is used. Script arguments are available to a script in an engine variable named "arguments" of type String array. EXAMPLES
Executing inline scripts jrunscript -e "print('hello world')" jrunscript -e "cat('http://java.sun.com')" Use specified language and evaluate given script file jrunscript -l js -f test.js Interactive mode jrunscript js>print('hello world'); hello world js>34 + 55 89 js> thread(function() { print('hello world'); } hello world js> Run script file with script arguments jrunscript test.js arg1 arg2 arg3 test.js is script file to execute and arg1, arg2 and arg3 are passed to script as script arguments. Script can access these using "argu- ments" array. SEE ALSO
If JavaScript is used, then before evaluating any user defined script, jrunscript initializes certain built-in functions and objects. These JavaScript built-ins are documented in jsdocs. 06 Aug 2006 jrunscript(1)