Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: connect to Db2 thru Unix
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting connect to Db2 thru Unix Post 68502 by kduffin on Tuesday 5th of April 2005 01:42:34 AM
Old 04-05-2005
ranj@tcs,

Your question really is quite broad. Connection from a UNIX system to DB2 UDB is like any other client/server - You need:

1. The DB2 Connect client installed on your UNIX host
2. Appropriate security auths and a valid user/pass defined in UDB
3. To define the host and database directory connection information for the client

It is all well documented in IBM's DB2 Connect manual.

Cheers,

Keith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to database db2 through Unix Shell Script

I am trying to connect to database db2 through shell script. The process I am trying is > db2 It gives me error Access Denied. While checking for access I have the rights. Is there ant other way round..? Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect DB2 table using shell script

Hi All, I want to connect two tables in DB2 using shell script and then compare the contents of two tables field by field. Could any one please help me in connecting database tables using Unix and retriving data from the same. Thanks, Durwas (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtidke
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect db2 using db2 connect

I want to connect to DB2 database which is mainframes using a unix script and run query and get the result set into the unix box. Is this acheivable using db2 connect? pls help me with a sample script which can perform the same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: midhun19
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect status of db2 in Unix shell script

Hi I am trying to connect to db2 database from Unix shell script (k shell) I need to catch the status of connect whether it is succesful or not. ---------------------------------------------------------- # Read login credentials for db2 tput clear echo "Please enter your Userid:\c"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mKarri
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB2 Connect Encrypt Password

Hi All, If someone can help me with password encryption. We have shell scripts that connect to a database using db2 connect and we have the password hardcoded in the script. Can someone let me know if there's a way to encrypt this password? I've seen alot of users suggest we create an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethymno19
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to db2 using shell script

Guys, I am trying to write a shell script that connect to wcsprod database and read the query #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s < connect to wcsprod user wcsadm using pwd > select * from catentry fetch first 1 row only with ur; databse: wcsprod user: wcsadm pwd: pwd thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skatpally
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB2 Connect issue

Hi i m trying to connect DB2 via unix. it is successfully connect. but the connect is getting disconnect . below is the query , countvalue=$(db2 "connect to <Database> user <username> using <Password>" | db2 -x 'select count(*) from <tablename>' ); echo $countvalue while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskivs
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect to DB2 using UNIX

I am new to Putty, Unix and DB2 and this is what I am working on right now. I installed Putty I got access to username / pwd I got Unix usrname/Pwd.also got the home directory once I login into putty I get the screen and it shows $ sign From here how do I connect to DB2 database? I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect DB2 using SSH?

How to connect db2 IBM on AIX using SSH - SecureCRT ? Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meomeo87
3 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

[Solved] How to connect DB2 from UNIX shell script?

Hi all, I have a requirement to connect DB2 database and do some operations and generate a report through shell script. Can anyone please tell me how can i connect DB2 from unix shell script? Thanks in ADV. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies
PG_TAPGEN(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     PG_TAPGEN(1p)

Name
       pg_tapgen - Generate schema TAP tests from an existing database

Usage
	 pg_tapgen -d template1 > schema_test.sql

Description
       "pg_tapgen" is a command-line utility to generate pgTAP tests to validate a database schema by reading an existing database and generating
       the tests to match. Its use requires the installation of the DBI and DBD::Pg from CPAN or via a package distribution.

Warning: These prerequisites are not validated by the pgTAP "Makefile", so you'll need to install them yourself. As a result, inclusion of
       this script in the pgTAP distribution is experimental. It may be moved to its own distribution in the future.

Options
	 -d --dbname DBNAME	   Database to which to connect.
	 -U --username USERNAME    Username with which to connect.
	 -h --host HOST 	   Host to which to connect.
	 -p --port PORT 	   Port to which to connect.
	 -v --verbose		   Display output of test scripts while running them.
	 -N --exclude-schema	   Exclude a schema from the generated tests.
	 -H --help		   Print a usage statement and exit.
	 -m --man		   Print the complete documentation and exit.
	 -V --version		   Print the version number and exit.

Options Details
       "-d"
       "--dbname"
	     pg_tapgen --dbname try
	     pg_tapgen -d postgres

The name of database to which to connect. Defaults to the value of the $PGDATABASE environment variable or to the system username.

"-U"
       "--username"
	     pg_tapgen --username foo
	     pg_tapgen -U postgres

PostgreSQL user name to connect as. Defaults to the value of the $PGUSER environment variable or to the operating system name of the
	   user running the application.

"-h"
       "--host"
	     pg_tapgen --host pg.example.com
	     pg_tapgen -h dev.local

Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If the value begins with a slash, it is used as the directory
	   for the Unix-domain socket. Defaults to the value of the $PGHOST environment variable or localhost.

"-p"
       "--port"
	     pg_tapgen --port 1234
	     pg_tapgen -p 666

Specifies the TCP port or the local Unix-domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. Defaults to the
	   value of the $PGPORT environment variable or, if not set, to the port specified at compile time, usually 5432.

"-v"
       "--verbose"
	     pg_tapgen --verbose
	     pg_tapgen -v

Display standard output of test scripts while running them. This behavior can also be triggered by setting the $TEST_VERBOSE
	   environment variable to a true value.

"-N"
       "--exclude-schema"
	     pg_tapgen --exclude-schema contrib
	     pg_tapgen -N testing -N temporary

Exclude a schema from the test generation. "pg_tapgen" always ignores "information_schema", as it is also ignored by pgTAP. But if
	   there are other schemas in the database that you don't need or want to test for in the database (because you run the tests on another
	   database without those schemas, for example), use "--exclude-schema" to omit them. May be used more than once to exclude more than one
	   schema.

"-H"
       "--help"
	     pg_tapgen --help
	     pg_tapgen -H

Outputs a brief description of the options supported by "pg_tapgen" and exits.

"-m"
       "--man"
	     pg_tapgen --man
	     pg_tapgen -m

Outputs this documentation and exits.

"-V"
       "--version"
	     pg_tapgen --version
	     pg_tapgen -V

Outputs the program name and version and exits.

Author
       David E. Wheeler <dwheeler@cpan.org>

Copyright
       Copyright (c) 2009-2011 David E. Wheeler. Some Rights Reserved.

perl v5.14.2							    2012-06-10							     PG_TAPGEN(1p)