Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting will traceroute work for this? Post 68431 by Perderabo on Sunday 3rd of April 2005 11:42:05 PM
Old 04-04-2005
I would think that you should have a list of your internet ip address ranges. It might be as simple as "is the address 192.168.*.*".

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

traceroute output?

I understand the concept of traceroute - can anyone explain the output to me e.g. 39ms 39ms 39ms are these the times for each trip it takes? Assuming each machine is pinged 3 times. and how does the RTT work? Is this the time it takes from one machine to another because it doesn't look like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justine petrie
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

traceroute dosent work

hi , folks i m back with again some silly question i think.!! i can do ftp , telnet from windows to unix machine , but not vice versa!!! , from unix box , i get connection refused , and ping says not alive. ,...my os . solaris 7 , ok i know ishouldnt load network by using traceroute , but itried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: definate
2 Replies

3. Programming

how we can use traceroute

how we can use traceroute in unix c so how we can get the output of traceroute command in c thank u,inadvance sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

4. Solaris

is traceroute a problem?

Can somebody tell why 2 and 3 hops(147.149.129.21) are repeated two times? corizon@rds894a016 : /usr/sbin/traceroute 147.149.129.21 traceroute: Warning: Multiple interfaces found; using 10.187.37.35 @ e1000g1075000:4 traceroute to 147.149.129.21 (147.149.129.21), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvvkrishna
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

traceroute

Hi, Can any one suggest me an add on feature for the traceroute command. Thanks in advance. Regards, Selvi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvi
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

traceroute

Good afternoon Can anyone explain traceroutes to me and when it would be necessary/what situations would call one to use it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Traceroute response

I have 20 servers I installed an application to that is returning message " wrong dispatcher or port " when starting agents. They all have the same dispatcher ip and going through the same port number. After verifying there are no application issues, we figured it was firewall related. The Firewall... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HFJ
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Explain and example of traceroute.

Hi Colleagues, Somebody can explain me and send me examples about traceroute, I know is for network but I need anderstand your funcionality. Thank you for advanced. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Traceroute

I have some question about traceroute: 1. Can we hide our computer from traceroute? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budiantho_indra
2 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)