Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Kill phantom jobs automatically? Post 6829 by Cyberface on Thursday 13th of September 2001 06:46:52 AM
Old 09-13-2001
Java Kill phantom jobs automatically?

Hello,

now I have the following problem:
I want to kill phantom jobs automatically every minute, for example with a shellscript.

How can I secure identify, which process is a phantom job?

I hope someone has a great idea.

Thank you very much.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

I created a phantom file now i can't delete it?

Ok, somehow i've managed to create two .ksh files with the same name. Impossible i know but somehow i did it by mistake... I was actually copying a file and renaming it as something else but as i was typing the copy name i hit the delete key by mistake and got the ^? characters in the file name... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
9 Replies

2. AIX

w shows phantom user

Hi When i use "w" command, It list some users with "-" command. That means these use already logout,but still in the system somewhere, no process but list under the "w" and "who" command.How can i get rid of these user. Can anybody help me out.thanks a lot xiko (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiko
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Phantom space usage in /

Hi everyone, Got an interesting one (well, interesting to me) I have a box with a 5Gb / mount point. Checking for large files I found nothing and in fact when I did a full du I found that there was only 1.6Gb in use! And yet 100% used in / So there's an unaccounted 3.4Gb somewhere! The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keefbaker
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Phantom Protocol Configuration File

I've been trying to set up the phantom protocol just to try it out. I compiled it fine, but when I ran it I got an error that the configuration file wouldn't load. I found that file didn't exist, so I created it with a blank file, but got this: ./phantom Loading configuration file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
4 Replies

7. Programming

Phantom Arrays in PL/SQL

Having issue with an oracle stored procedure that fetches 5k array size to an down stream application using oracle client interface. It is creating phantom arrays and keeps sending arrays that do not exist to begin with and congesting the connections. This happened when we upgraded from oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies
faxq(1) 						       mgetty+sendfax manual							   faxq(1)

NAME
faxq - display fax jobs queued by faxspool(1) SYNOPSIS
faxq [-osa] [-v] [-r] [-P<job><prio>] DESCRIPTION
Display the fax queue set up by faxspool(1). faxq looks for all the jobs queued by faxspool(1) to /var/spool/fax/outgoing/*. For each job in the queue, faxq displays some status infor- mations about it. If no options are specified, one line per queued fax job is printed, displaying the job number, sender, number of pages and target fax number. OPTIONS
-v Tells faxq to print a more verbose report for each job (multiple lines). -o Show old jobs, already sent but still in the queue directory, too. -s Show suspended jobs (stopped because of too many fatal errors during sending). You can restart those jobs with faxq -r -a Show all jobs (active, old, suspended). -r Restart suspended jobs. Every suspended job in the queue (that you have write permissions for) will be requeued. Use faxrm to delete jobs that you do not want to be sent! -P <job> <prio> Change the priority of fax job <job> to <prio>. Example: "faxq -P F000247 3". BUGS
faxq doesn't handle time scheduling yet. SEE ALSO
faxrunq(1), faxspool(1), faxrm(1), faxqueue(5) AUTHOR
faxq is Copyright (C) 1993 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de>. greenie 27 Oct 93 faxq(1)