Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux installing Fedora Core 3 - is it always this hard? Post 68162 by dangral on Thursday 31st of March 2005 03:59:17 PM
Old 03-31-2005
I had problems with FC2, but I finally realized that I was burning the CD's at too high speed. I must have had crappy CD's. Once I lowered the speed, I didnt have any problems.

But that doesnt seem to be your problem because they checked clean.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fedora Core 2 Snapshot

These are not my desktop (I am still using FC1), they are from Internet forum. http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~yangm001/snapshot1.jpg http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~yangm001/snapshot2.jpg (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
0 Replies

2. Linux

Migrate from RH 8.0 to Fedora Core 2

I have done some research on the Fedora Project and trying to find clear cut answer on how to migrate from current OS - RH 8.0 Pro to Fedora Core 2. Can anybody help me with this and does Fedora Core 2 include OpenOffice and Ximian Evolution like with my RH 8.0 Pro. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark McWilliams
3 Replies

3. Linux

Using Fedora Core 2

I've been using FC2, but my sound card doesn't work I'm new with linux systems.. but there says that needs to recompile kernel how can i do it with a kernel 2.6.5 i386 ? by the way,. my sound card chipset is an ESS 1869F, with a compaq deskpro Smal Form Factor. but i have not found a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quake
4 Replies

4. Linux

Help with OpenGL in Fedora Core 4.

I'm pretty much new to this Linux stuff, I installed FC4 the other night to try it out. I'm having a slight problem when launching Quake 3, it's giving me the error GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem I've updated my video drivers to the latest version and went through fglrxconfig,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filth Pig
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 4

Hello, I am about to install Fedora on a partition on my hard drive. I got the CD from a magazine and it isnt a LiveCD so the magazine says "fedora core installer isn't a LiveCD, so it will merrily destroy your primary partition when you install on your machine", now I'm guessing the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkNia
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help installing fedora core 5

Hello I'm trying to install fedora core 5 and I'm currently at this screen here: http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc5/figs/installingpackages.png However, the bottom bar is completely gray and there's nothing telling me the "status" of the install. I also told it to format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obeseogre
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fedora core mailrelay

how do i change the mailrelay settings smtp for fedora core 4 to a new IP ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 2 Problems

I am very new at learning Linux/Unix so please bear with me. I am taking a Unix course and I had to install Fedora Core 2 on my laptop PC using Microsoft Virtual PC software. After installing the virtual PC software, I installed the fedora cd's that came with the course. My problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newby
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installing mrouted in fedora core

hello; i'm trying to install mrouted-3.9b3-1.i386.rpm in my fedora core 5. but, when i execute the rpm i always have an error message like "this file is no a rpm package"!!!!! can anyone help me? thanks:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalil smail
1 Replies

10. SuSE

Navigation of Fedora Core 6

Hi. Not sure if this should go in the beginners section, so forgivness please if it's not correctly placed. I just installed Linux Fedora Core 6 on my home computer (and am very very new to this) so I can learn more about it. However, I am looking for the FC6 equivalent to the System Device... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carl1976
2 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic -- quiz on simple arithmetic SYNOPSIS
arithmetic [-o +-x/] [-r range] DESCRIPTION
arithmetic asks you to solve problems in simple arithmetic. Each question must be answered correctly before going on to the next. After every 20 problems, it prints the score so far and the time taken. You can quit at any time by typing the interrupt or end-of-file character. The options are as follows: -o By default, arithmetic asks questions on addition of numbers from 0 to 10, and corresponding subtraction. By supplying one or more of the characters +-x/, you can ask for problems in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, respectively. If you give one of these characters more than once, that kind of problem will be asked correspondingly more often. -r If a range is supplied, arithmetic selects the numbers in its problems in the following way. For addition and multiplication, the numbers to be added or multiplied are between 0 and range, inclusive. For subtraction and division, both the required result and the number to divide by or subtract will be between 0 and range. (Of course, arithmetic will not ask you to divide by 0.) The default range is 10. When you get a problem wrong, arithmetic will remember the numbers involved, and will tend to select those numbers more often than others, in problems of the same sort. Eventually it will forgive and forget. arithmetic cannot be persuaded to tell you the right answer. You must work it out for yourself. DIAGNOSTICS
``What?'' if you get a question wrong. ``Right!'' if you get it right. ``Please type a number.'' if arithmetic doesn't understand what you typed. SEE ALSO
bc(1), dc(1) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD