Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filename containing Single Quotes Post 67988 by phani on Wednesday 30th of March 2005 01:43:52 AM
Old 03-30-2005
Hi Muthu ,

thanks for being so fast...
will try this and let u know asap...

thnks a lot..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

im stuck! 'single quotes'

Hi all... This is probably the simplest question but its driving me round the bend :-( does anyone know how to store a single quote in a variable. Im using cygwin bash for example single_qoute = " ' " echo single_quote dosnt work :-( it is absolutely baffling me! The reason why... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
4 Replies

2. Programming

Checking Single Quotes in C

Hi ! Can anyone please tell me how can I check if a character is single quotes in C ? Thanks, Jane A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: janemary.a
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo using single quotes

Hi, Please help me to echo the following statement using single quotes Why can't I write 's between single quotes Thanks in advance, Chella (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chella
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quotes or single quotes when using ssh?

I'm not very familiar with the ssh command. When I tried to set a variable and then echo its value on a remote machine via ssh, I found a problem. For example, $ ITSME=itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx "ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME" itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx 'ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME' itsyou $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: password636
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single quotes and double quotes

Hi guys, I have a sed line in double quotes which works fine, but I want it to be in single quotes here is the sed line sed "/abc_def/s/\'.*\'/\'\${abc_def}\'/" can some one give the equivalent to the above script in single quotes Thanks a ton (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep single quotes or double quotes

Unix superusers, I am new to unix but would like to learn more about grep. I am very familiar with regular expressions as i have used them for searching text files in windows based text editors. Since I am not very familiar with Unix, I dont understand when one should use GREP with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: george_vandelet
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace single quote with two single quotes in perl

Hi I want to replace single quote with two single quotes in a perl string. If the string is <It's Simpson's book> It should become <It''s Simpson''s book> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having a terrible problem with quotes/single quotes!

Hello. I'm trying to write a bash script that uses GNU screen and have hit a brick wall that has cost me many hours... (I'm sure it has something to do with quoting/globbing, which is why I post it here) I can make a script that does the following just fine: test.sh: #!/bin/bash # make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jondecker76
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Single Quotes and Double Quotes for prompt PS1

Hi, Trying to change the prompt. I have the following code. export PS1=' <${USER}@`hostname -s`>$ ' The hostname is not displayed <abc@`hostname -s`>$ uname -a AIX xyz 1 6 00F736154C00 <adcwl4h@`hostname -s`>$ If I use double quotes, then the hostname is printed properly but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing single quotes to grep

Hi, I have a grep command which searches if a particular word ends in a pattern grep 'ee\>' * The above command searches for any word that ends with ee across files and works as expected. I need to parametrize ee and run the command so I tried the following but none work A=ee grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wahi80
1 Replies
cvm-mysql(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cvm-mysql(8)

NAME
cvm-mysql - MySQL module SYNOPSIS
cvm-mysql CREDENTIALS
Pass phrase DESCRIPTION
This module queries a MySQL database for the account name, compares the stored pass phrase with the given one using crypt(3). CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_FILE The full path of the defaults file to read if the following variable is set. If not set, the file $HOME/.my.cnf will be read (the MySQL default). CVM_MYSQL_DEFAULT_GROUP If set, the module will read connection default options from the named group in the defaults file as above CVM_MYSQL_HOST The hostname or IP of the MySQL server. If not set, a connection to the local host is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_USER The MySQL login ID to connect as. If not set, the invoking user is assumed. CVM_MYSQL_PASS The password for the above user. CVM_MYSQL_DB The database name, must be set. CVM_MYSQL_PORT The port number for the TCP/IP connection (only used if the server is not local). CVM_MYSQL_POSTQ (optional) The SQL query to execute after the credentials have been validated, see cvm-sql(7). CVM_MYSQL_PWCMP (optional) The password comparison module to use. CVM_MYSQL_SOCKET The path to the socket that should be used for connections to a local server. CVM_MYSQL_QUERY (optional) The SQL query to issue to retrieve the row containing the account information from the database, see cvm-sql(7). SEE ALSO
cvm-sql(7), cvm-pgsql(8), cvm-pwfile(8), cvm-qmail(8), cvm-unix(8), cvm-vmailmgr(8), cvm-benchclient(8), cvm-checkpassword(8), cvm-test- client(8) http://untroubled.org/pwcmp/pwcmp.html http://untroubled.org/cvm/cvm.html cvm-mysql(8)