Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cancel QCompile
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cancel QCompile Post 67943 by jyoung on Tuesday 29th of March 2005 03:13:38 PM
Old 03-29-2005
Can you give some more info? Is this compiling COBOL programs using Micro Focus?
I compile COBOL programs using qcompile.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cancel all printjobs at once?

Hi unix-friends, I've got an RS6000 with Unix 4.3 as OS. I'm writing a script that i want to use for cancelling all print jobs at once. Does anyone have any good idea's, hints, or tips? Hope to hear from you, Erik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cancel the massage

Hi all In Aix system Someone know i want to cancel the massage. if some user print something and user root deleting the job i got brodcast message " message from queueing system job number XXX has been deleteing from queue. <EOT> " I use the cancel command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goldfelda
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

cancel account

id like to cancel my account please. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samb057
5 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cancel Account

I accidentally typed a wrong user name... pls delete my account so that i can create a new one.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pat_Martin
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't cancel nohup job

Yesterday I started a nohup job called assoc.sh. It has not finished running, but I have realised a problem with my script, so wish to cancel it, modify and restart it. However, I cannot find the PID, so can't cancel it. I have searched the ps list and nothing resembles my job - how can I cancel... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly_falconer
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cancel down 2 integers

Wonderful evening to all of you! My problem has to possible starting points. Well, not really, but getting to either one is no problem at all. So i got either a string in the format of "1920x1080" or simply the integers X = 1920 and Y = 1080. When I am done, I would like to have an output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakunar
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto cancel I/O redirection ?

Hi on AIX systems (6.x and 7.x) I have ksh scripts redirecting I/O, and running another script script000.ksh ie : # my script ... >${LOG} >${LOGCTRL} exec >>${LOG} 2>>${LOG} . ${PROJECT}/.../script000.ksh # hereafter, restore default I/O ... Is it possible at the end of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot cancel a print

Hi Everyone, I am trying to cancel a print. I am logged on as the user of the print and when I use the command 'cancel print_job' I get the message 'print_job: not authorized' I have cancelled other prints in the queue, but this particular job in the queue cannot delete. I even logged on as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scarlet
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cancel wget download after 1%?

I am running a video download test and automating that. I wanna know how to stop a wget download session when downloads reached 1% Thanks in advance, Tamil (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamil.pamaran
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Posix. Any way to cancel tcdrain() ?

While transmitting RS232 data I use tcdrain() to wait for the data to be sent before putting more data into the txbuffer. write(hPort, txBytes, txBytes.count); tcdrain(); If the remote device disconnects then tcdrain never returns. I'm doing it in a thread so the UI is still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IanES
1 Replies
tabs(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   tabs(1)

NAME
tabs - set tabs on a terminal SYNOPSIS
tabs [options]] [tabstop-list] DESCRIPTION
The tabs program clears and sets tab-stops on the terminal. This uses the terminfo clear_all_tabs and set_tab capabilities. If either is absent, tabs is unable to clear/set tab-stops. The terminal should be configured to use hard tabs, e.g., stty tab0 Like clear(1), tabs writes to the standard output. You can redirect the standard output to a file (which prevents tabs from actually changing the tabstops), and later cat the file to the screen, setting tabstops at that point. OPTIONS
General Options -Tname Tell tabs which terminal type to use. If this option is not given, tabs will use the $TERM environment variable. If that is not set, it will use the ansi+tabs entry. -d The debugging option shows a ruler line, followed by two data lines. The first data line shows the expected tab-stops marked with asterisks. The second data line shows the actual tab-stops, marked with asterisks. -n This option tells tabs to check the options and run any debugging option, but not to modify the terminal settings. -V reports the version of ncurses which was used in this program, and exits. The tabs program processes a single list of tab stops. The last option to be processed which defines a list is the one that determines the list to be processed. Implicit Lists Use a single number as an option, e.g., "-5" to set tabs at the given interval (in this case 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, etc.). Tabs are repeated up to the right margin of the screen. Use "-0" to clear all tabs. Use "-8" to set tabs to the standard interval. Explicit Lists An explicit list can be defined after the options (this does not use a "-"). The values in the list must be in increasing numeric order, and greater than zero. They are separated by a comma or a blank, for example, tabs 1,6,11,16,21 tabs 1 6 11 16 21 Use a "+" to treat a number as an increment relative to the previous value, e.g., tabs 1,+5,+5,+5,+5 which is equivalent to the 1,6,11,16,21 example. Predefined Tab-Stops X/Open defines several predefined lists of tab stops. -a Assembler, IBM S/370, first format -a2 Assembler, IBM S/370, second format -c COBOL, normal format -c2 COBOL compact format -c3 COBOL compact format extended -f FORTRAN -p PL/I -s SNOBOL -u UNIVAC 1100 Assembler PORTABILITY
IEEE Std 1003.1/The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 7 (POSIX.1-2008) describes a tabs utility. However o This standard describes a +m option, to set a terminal's left-margin. Very few of the entries in the terminal database provide this capability. o There is no counterpart in X/Open Curses Issue 7 for this utility, unlike tput(1). The -d (debug) and -n (no-op) options are extensions not provided by other implementations. Documentation for other implementations states that there is a limit on the number of tab stops. While some terminals may not accept an arbitrary number of tab stops, this implementation will attempt to set tab stops up to the right margin of the screen, if the given list happens to be that long. SEE ALSO
tset(1), infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5). This describes ncurses version 6.1 (patch 20180127). tabs(1)