Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gzip or FTP problem?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users gzip or FTP problem? Post 6794 by patvdv on Wednesday 12th of September 2001 04:13:38 PM
Old 09-12-2001
FTP mode

Also check your FTP transfer mode: ASCII or binary. In this case I'd assume binary is the appropriate setting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

gzip problem

Hi All, I am zipping a file using gzip -cq XYZ.txt > XYZ.txt.gz command. file got created with name XYZ.txt.gz but when i execute the following command i am getting errors, $ gzip -t XYZ.txt.gz gzip: XYZ.txt.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error gzip: XYZ.txt.gz: invalid... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
6 Replies

2. Solaris

FTP problem

Hi everyone , have a nice day i have 4 Sun Machines at my work , i have made few scripts which copies data from 3 of them to first one , then i have made another program in visual basic , which FTP to this first machine ( after every minute ) , get that data file and displays it on screen , i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
2 Replies

3. Programming

problem about using zlib to uncompress gzip in memory

I wrote a function which for uncompressing data for gzip or deflate format using zlib,see followed code; source param is pointed to the compressed data,len param is the size of compressed data, dest param is for returning the address which pointed to the uncompressed data;the last gzip param tell... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwishfine
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

gzip problem

Hi, I am quite new to unix. I need to do the following using gzip. a file suppose abc.gz is in the directory. I need to uncompress it and rename the uncompressed file to ecoes.dat. can anyon please help me in this regard?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: UBD
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with ftp:

i have got 2 servers in unix(IBM AIX 5.3) namely below. test1 production1 i m trying to do ftp from test1 to production1. ------------------------------------------------------------ below the script called naveed1.sh which lies in test1,also it have two files called ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp problem

Dear friends, i am trying to login in to remote ftp type unix the error illegal ERPT command is coming. what is the solution. the output: Name (ftpser.xxxxx.gov.in:imdps): hmts 331 Please specify the password. Password: 230 Login successful. Remote system type is UNIX. Using binary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar and gzip problem

Hi Guys, I have a few files. i want to tar these files and zip it using gzip it. -rw-r----- 1 magesh magesh 12940369 Jul 27 09:26 dcx_imds_c.asc -rw-r----- 1 magesh magesh 1221391 Jul 27 09:27 dcx_imds_h.asc -rw-r----- 1 magesh magesh 1105673 Jul 27 09:27... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gzip-gunzip a problem

Hi all, i have a gzipped file. <file_name>.gz . when i try gunzip this file i get, invalid compressed data--format violated this file gzipped like gzip -f -S <file_name> 2 > <error_log_file> there is no error in log. it seems that the file gzipped properly. how this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummydba
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gzip vs pipe gzip: produce different file size

Hi All, I have a random test file: test.txt, size: 146 $ ll test.txt $ 146 test.txt Take 1: $ cat test.txt | gzip > test.txt.gz $ ll test.txt.gz $ 124 test.txt.gz Take 2: $ gzip test.txt $ ll test.txt.gz $ 133 test.txt.gz As you can see, gzipping a file and piping into gzip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanfresco
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem untaring gzip

I'm having an issue extracting my tar.gz file. I am trying to compress all directories based on their last modified date (particularly their last modified month), and move them to a different directory by month. When I run my script everything seems to work ok and my compressed file gets moved to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
4 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)