Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove extra lines in the file Post 67913 by CamTu on Tuesday 29th of March 2005 10:25:00 AM
Old 03-29-2005
remove extra lines in the file

Hi,

I have some files, with some extra lines in weird characters on the top and bottom of the. I want to get rid of those line. Is there a way I can do that?

example of the input file. I want to get rid of those lines in bold
Code:
(B[?25h[?4l[?1l[?3h[?3h

07:46 AM Tue Mar 29 2005 
                                                                      Page:   1 

SCAD                                       
                                 sale report                                    
                            Location Sales Report                               
                    03/28/05 12:00AM Thru 03/28/05 11:59PM                      

Blackboard Inc.                                  End  

[?3l 
in pick_p 1
in pick_p 1
in pick_p 1
in pick_p 1
in pick_p 1
in pick_p 2
in pick_p 3
in pick_p 4
in pick_p 5
in pick_p 6
in pick_p 7
in pick_p 8
in pick_p 9
in pick_p 0
in pick_p 11
in pick_p -2
our pick_p

Thanks

CT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extra/parse lines from a file between unque lines through the file

I need help to parse a file where there are many records, all of which are consistently separated by lines containing “^=============” and "^ End of Report". Example: ============= 1 2 3 4 End of record ============= 1 3 4 End of record Etc.... I only need specific lines... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jouuu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove extra commas from CSV outp file

Name,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Domain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Contact,Phone,Email,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Location -----------------------,------------------------------------------------,-------,-----,---------------------------------,------------------------------------ ----... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove extra character

Hi I am using cat <filename> command in one of my datastage job(Command Activity). It is giving actual value but giving extra line. Eg: Displayed Output: 1 and showing extraline(Eg: 1 ) I had checked even wc -c it is giving one character extra. If the file contains 11. wc -c says 3. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove extra double quotes from string in a delimited file??

Hi Unix Gurus.. I am new to Unix. Please help me. The file I am getting is as follows: Input File "2011-07-06 03:53:23","0","I","NOT SET ",,,,"123985","SAW CUT CONCRETE SLAB 20"THICK",,"98.57","","EACH","N" "2011-07-06 03:53:23","0","I","NOT SET ",,,,"204312","ARMAFLEX-1 3/8 X... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BICC
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to remove extra characters

Guys, I have a file that contains entries like this: LaxOrdID=19220288<8> LaxOrdID=19220288 I would like to remove <> and the values inside it anywhere its found. How? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Extra Delimiter

Hi , I have file like this.. aaa|bbbb|cccc|dddd|fff|dsaaFFDFD| Adsads|sas|sa|as|asa|saddas|dsasd|sdad| dsas|dss|sss|sss|ddd|dssd|rrr|fddf| www|fff|refd|dads|fsdf|00sd| 5fgdg|dfs00|d55f|sfds55|445fsd|55ds|sdf| so I do no have any fix pattern and I want to remove extra... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajchaudhari
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Howto remove extra space in the file

Hi Gurus, I have a file which contains some special char or space. when using cat -evt I can see the file as following: 0,"0000","abc/def aaa ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

To remove the extra spaces at the end of each line in a file

I have a file of about 10k records and eace line is having an extra space of 5 byte at the end.. Iwant to remove the extra spaces at the end of each line.. Can someone please help me out.. I tried using sed command and its not working... can someone please help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammohan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to remove all lines but not latest 50 lines from a file

Hi, I have a huge file which has Lacs of lines. File system got full. I want your guys help to suggest me a solution so that I can remove all lines from that file but not last 50,000 lines. I want solution which can remove lines from existing file so that I can have some space left with. (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
28 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing extra lines from file

I have a file where data looks like this: === <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xml xmlns:s='uuid:XYZ' xmlns:dt='uuid:ABC' xmlns:rs='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset' xmlns:z='#RowsetSchema'> <s:Schema id='RowsetSchema'> <s:ElementType name='row'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
7 Replies
XSaveContext(3X11)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						XSaveContext(3X11)

NAME
XSaveContext, XFindContext, XDeleteContext, XUniqueContext - associative look-up routines SYNTAX
int XSaveContext(display, rid, context, data) Display *display; XID rid; XContext context; XPointer data; int XFindContext(display, rid, context, data_return) Display *display; XID rid; XContext context; XPointer *data_return; int XDeleteContext(display, rid, context) Display *display; XID rid; XContext context; XContext XUniqueContext() ARGUMENTS
context Specifies the context type to which the data belongs. data Specifies the data to be associated with the window and type. data_return Returns the data. display Specifies the connection to the X server. rid Specifies the resource ID with which the data is associated. DESCRIPTION
If an entry with the specified resource ID and type already exists, XSaveContext overrides it with the specified context. The XSaveContext function returns a nonzero error code if an error has occurred and zero otherwise. Possible errors are XCNOMEM (out of memory). Because it is a return value, the data is a pointer. The XFindContext function returns a nonzero error code if an error has occurred and zero otherwise. Possible errors are XCNOENT (context-not-found). The XDeleteContext function deletes the entry for the given resource ID and type from the data structure. This function returns the same error codes that XFindContext returns if called with the same arguments. XDeleteContext does not free the data whose address was saved. The XUniqueContext function creates a unique context type that may be used in subsequent calls to XSaveContext. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XSaveContext(3X11)