Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace , (comma) with space
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace , (comma) with space Post 67904 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 29th of March 2005 09:31:16 AM
Old 03-29-2005
Code:
#!/bin/sh

a='1,2,3,4'
#a='123 4'

if [ `echo ${a} | grep -c ','` -gt 0 ] ; then
   echo 'WITH'
else
   echo 'WITHout'
fi;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace all entries of comma in text file by space or other character

Hi , How to replace all entries of comma in text file by space or other character. cat temp.txt A,B,C,D I want this file to be like A B C D Please help!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing underscore with white space after comma.

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help.. I've used this forum a couple of times and I am back again now i've moved onto something more complex (for me!) I have some data which looks like: "AL1_1,AL1_1," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AE,AL1_1AE," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AG,AL1_1AG," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AJ,AL1_1AJ,"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gman
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace space with comma in perl

arr_Ent_NameId variable holds 'Prakash pawar' 'sag' '23' '50000' this value 'Prakash pawar' 'sag' '23' '50000' I want to replace space( ) with comma (,) There are 4 fields here. I don't want to replace first field with comma. output should be: 'Prakash,pawar','sag','23','50000' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma delimiter and space

I have a csv file and there is a problem which I need to resolve. Column1,Column2,Colum3,Column4 ,x,y,z ,d,c,v t,l,m,n ,h,s,k ,k,,y z,j, ,p Now if you see column1 for row 1 and row 4 though they are null there is a space but in case of row2 and row 5 there is no space. I want row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppressing space replacing by comma

hi i want to replace spaces by comma my file is ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204802 ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204803 ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204804 ADD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma by space for specified field in record

Hi, i want to replace comma by space for specified field in record, i mean i want to replace the commas in the 4th field by space. and rest all is same throught the record. the record is 16458,99,001,"RIMOUSKI, QC",418,"N",7,EST,EDT,902 16458,99,002,"CHANDLER,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with a blank space using SED

Hello everyone, I want to replace all "," (commas) with a blank space My command thus far is: cat test.text | sed -e s/\`//g | awk '{print$1" "$2" "$3}' I'm sure you guys know this, but the SED command that I am using is to get rid of the "`" (tics). which gives me: name ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayT
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with underscores up to first comma but not after the comma

I have a comma delimited file of major codes and descriptions. I want to replace all occurrences of spaces with underscores up to the first comma (only in the first field), but not replace spaces following the comma. For instance I have the following snippet of the file: EK ED,Elementary and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdouty
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using awk to replace space by comma

I have the content of this file that i would like to replace the space by comma. The file content values in this format FName LName Date & time ------------------------------------ Gilles John 14/12/17 12:30:45 I want this format Fname,LName,Date&time... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesi
7 Replies
dircmp(1)							   User Commands							 dircmp(1)

NAME
dircmp - directory comparison SYNOPSIS
dircmp [-ds] [-w n] dir1 dir2 DESCRIPTION
The dircmp command examines dir1 and dir2 and generates various tabulated information about the contents of the directories. Listings of files that are unique to each directory are generated for all the options. If no option is entered, a list is output indicating whether the file names common to both directories have the same contents. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Compares the contents of files with the same name in both directories and output a list telling what must be changed in the two files to bring them into agreement. The list format is described in diff(1). -s Suppresses messages about identical files. -w n Changes the width of the output line to n characters. The default width is 72. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: dir1 A path name of a directory to be compared. dir2 USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of dircmp when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31bytes). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of dircmp: LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. (Differences in directory contents are not considered errors.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 dircmp(1)