Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace , (comma) with space
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace , (comma) with space Post 67901 by mbarberis on Tuesday 29th of March 2005 09:24:18 AM
Old 03-29-2005
Ooops.. I use /bin/sh. I try to convert the command but I have problem with ()..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace all entries of comma in text file by space or other character

Hi , How to replace all entries of comma in text file by space or other character. cat temp.txt A,B,C,D I want this file to be like A B C D Please help!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing underscore with white space after comma.

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help.. I've used this forum a couple of times and I am back again now i've moved onto something more complex (for me!) I have some data which looks like: "AL1_1,AL1_1," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AE,AL1_1AE," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AG,AL1_1AG," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AJ,AL1_1AJ,"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gman
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace space with comma in perl

arr_Ent_NameId variable holds 'Prakash pawar' 'sag' '23' '50000' this value 'Prakash pawar' 'sag' '23' '50000' I want to replace space( ) with comma (,) There are 4 fields here. I don't want to replace first field with comma. output should be: 'Prakash,pawar','sag','23','50000' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma delimiter and space

I have a csv file and there is a problem which I need to resolve. Column1,Column2,Colum3,Column4 ,x,y,z ,d,c,v t,l,m,n ,h,s,k ,k,,y z,j, ,p Now if you see column1 for row 1 and row 4 though they are null there is a space but in case of row2 and row 5 there is no space. I want row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppressing space replacing by comma

hi i want to replace spaces by comma my file is ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204802 ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204803 ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204804 ADD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma by space for specified field in record

Hi, i want to replace comma by space for specified field in record, i mean i want to replace the commas in the 4th field by space. and rest all is same throught the record. the record is 16458,99,001,"RIMOUSKI, QC",418,"N",7,EST,EDT,902 16458,99,002,"CHANDLER,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with a blank space using SED

Hello everyone, I want to replace all "," (commas) with a blank space My command thus far is: cat test.text | sed -e s/\`//g | awk '{print$1" "$2" "$3}' I'm sure you guys know this, but the SED command that I am using is to get rid of the "`" (tics). which gives me: name ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayT
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with underscores up to first comma but not after the comma

I have a comma delimited file of major codes and descriptions. I want to replace all occurrences of spaces with underscores up to the first comma (only in the first field), but not replace spaces following the comma. For instance I have the following snippet of the file: EK ED,Elementary and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdouty
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using awk to replace space by comma

I have the content of this file that i would like to replace the space by comma. The file content values in this format FName LName Date & time ------------------------------------ Gilles John 14/12/17 12:30:45 I want this format Fname,LName,Date&time... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesi
7 Replies
mhddfs(1)						      General Commands Manual							 mhddfs(1)

NAME
mhddfs - The driver combines a several mount points into the single one. SYNOPSIS
mhddfs /dir1,/dir2[,/path/to/dir3] /path/to/mount [-o options] mhddfs /dir1 dir2,dir3 /mount/point [-o options] ... fusermount -u /path/to/mount fstab record example: mhddfs#/path/to/dir1,/path/to/dir2 /mnt/point fuse defaults 0 0 mhddfs#/dir1,/dir2,/dir3 /mnt fuse logfile=/var/log/mhddfs.log 0 0 OPTIONS
with an -o option1,option2... you can specify some additional options: logfile=/path/to/file.log specify a file that will contain debug information. loglevel=x 0 - debug messages 1 - info messages 2 - standard (default) messages mlimit=size[m|k|g] a free space size threshold If a drive has the free space less than the threshold specifed then another drive will be choosen while creat- ing a new file. If all the drives have free space less than the threshold specified then a drive containing most free space will be choosen. Default value is 4G, minimum value is 100M. This option accepts suffixes: [mM] - megabytes [gG] - gigabytes [kK] - kilobytes For an information about the additional options see output of: mhddfs -h DESCRIPTION
The file system allows to unite a several mount points (or directories) to the single one. So a one big filesystem is simulated and this makes it possible to combine a several hard drives or network file systems. This system is like unionfs but it can choose a drive with the most of free space, and move the data between drives transparently for the applications. While writing files they are written to a 1st hdd until the hdd has the free space (see mlimit option), then they are written on a 2nd hdd, then to 3rd etc. df will show a total statistics of all filesystems like there is a big one hdd. If an overflow arises while writing to the hdd1 then a file content already written will be transferred to a hdd containing enough of free space for a file. The transferring is processed on-the-fly, fully transparent for the application that is writing. So this behaviour simu- lates a big file system. WARNINGS The filesystems are combined must provide a possibility to get their parameters correctly (e.g. size of free space). Otherwise the writing failure can occur (but data consistency will be ok anyway). For example it is a bad idea to combine a several sshfs systems together. Please read FUSE documentation for a further conception. COPYRIGHT
Distributed under GPLv3 Copyright (C) 2008 Dmitry E. Oboukhov <dimka@avanto.org> February 2008 mhddfs(1)