Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What can I do,if I want windows me and unix stay in the same computer? Post 679 by 98_1LE on Saturday 6th of January 2001 11:44:32 PM
Old 01-07-2001
MySQL

I would recomend RedHat 7 for the OS. You will have to partition the drive like described above or install a second drive. Then boot off of the installer floppy, letting the insatller partition the disk. Be careful that you select the proper disk partition (the one thats not formatted FAT32)
Best of luck...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how do you get 2 windows off your computer

i have windows 2000 professional and windows 98 on my computer but i onle want 1:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary_king
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix in pentium computer

Haw Can I install a solaris in my own pc at home I have try but every time it is just boot to windows what should I do about it so I can Have it at my home pc thanks All The best . . . . . . om911ar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omar911
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix server will not stay up on the network

:mad: Hello, I am a beginner at UNIX. I have a server running SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.0 Every morning this week the server has been down. I have to Hardboot her to get her back online. What commands can I do to help me diagnose what is going on? This is urgent....thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jback
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Unix on my Windows based computer

Hi Everyone... I am very interested in the Unix/Linux/Knoppix world and would like to eventually become proficient in the programming aspect of it all. Is it possible to use Knoppix in a partitioned drive on my Windows based computer to learn programming in Unix? Or do I need to partition my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rev. Enant
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX on windows based computer.

Hello, We would like to perform tests on a product that my company created lately. We don't have the right hardware for AIX enviornment I've read the thred "Unix environments for MS Windows", but didn't see there a possibility to install AIX OS on a special compatible hardware. We've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshkA
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New computer for Unix-based OS's -- need help deciding

Hello. I'm in the market for a new computer (a laptop, for certain), and I was considering buying a high-end PC (I have a black MacBook right now). I've been wanting to experiment with Unix-based OS's (for developing mainly -- I'm a developer/programmer -- but for other purposes as well). I'd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tron55555
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying from remote SunOS to local Windows 7 computer

Can someone please help me with copying from remote computer to local computer? I have Winscp installed but for some reason i can seem to get into the server using winscp. I am currently logged on to the server, so its not a case of remote host unavailable. I really am not sure if the syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to run a Windows Setup on a Linux computer?

I am looking to run a Windows utility BitRecover PST Viewer. To help me read a pst file. Can anybody guide me how can I run this Windows utility on Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marktux
3 Replies
X-TILE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 X-TILE(1)

NAME
x-tile - select windows and adjust their tiling SYNOPSIS
x-tile [option][rows][columns] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the x-tile command. x-tile is a program that allows tiling selected windows as desired. In addition of the predefined tilings, it allows user to create up to two user defined tilings to be applied later. It also provides a system tray icon for faster access to tiling menu. OPTIONS
This program doesn't follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). Instead, it uses case sen- sitive single letter options, followed by arguments when required. A summary of options is included below. w Open the x-tile main window without using the panel. z Undo the latest tiling operation. v Tile all opened windows vertically. h Tile all opened windows horizontally. u Tile all opened windows triangularly, top up. d Tile all opened windows triangularly, top down. l Tile all opened windows triangularly, top left. r Tile all opened windows triangularly, top right. q Tile all opened windows in a four square grid. g Tile all opened windows in a grid with the given rows and columns. 1 Apply user defined tiling #1 to all opened windows. 2 Apply user defined tiling #2 to all opened windows. i Invert the order of the latest tiling operation. m Maximize all opened windows. M Unmaximize all opened windows. c Close all opened windows. Any other Show a brief summary of options. AUTHORS
x-tile was written by Giuseppe Penone <giuspen@gmail.com> and Chris Camacho <chris_camacho@yahoo.com>. This manual page was written by Ricardo Mones <mones@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 7, 2012 X-TILE(1)