Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending Mail Thru Unix Script Post 67866 by nbvcxzdz on Tuesday 29th of March 2005 12:10:09 AM
Old 03-29-2005
uuencode <file_location> <filename_without_location> | mailx -s "email title" recipients

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail from Unix - For html output

I have automated some checks - and I want to send a email when there is an issue. This is fine and I can send the email. However - I want to generate the email in html format so I can highlight any issues to a reader.. ie. If there is a disk space issue - then the email will highlight the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail thu unix

Hello everybody. Is it possible in unix to send a mail to my acount like (abcd@xyz.com) if yes then how ?? Thank You !! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellotosatish
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail from unix is failing

i am sending mails from my unix server to my mail id i used sendmail option previously it ran successfully now it is not sending mails what might be the problem this is the message i am getting in /var/mail/abcdev file how to rectify this? ----- The following addresses had permanent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

4. Programming

Sending mail in C/C++ in unix server

Hi Frnds, I have a task in my project wherein i have to send out a mail from my C++ code.With some file attachements.Please help me in this. At a higher level wat i can tell is my code generated 3 csv file and i have to send these files as attachement. My code is executed in unix... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: electroon
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix:mail sending issue..pls help me soon

Hi people Can u help me aorund on this cat $DISTRIBUTION_LIST | tail -1 | read mailtolist test -s $INOVOICES.dat if then echo " Sales Report generted" | read subject mailx -ms "${subject}." $mailtolist RET_CODE=$? if ; then echo "Messaging Failed." >> $LOG_FILE exit 1 fi else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail from unix

Hi, I am using mailx command to send mail through Unix. But I am able to send mail only within my domain. If i want to send mail to some other server, it's not working. Like say If I want to send mail to someone on gmail or yahoo it's not working. but it's working fine within my company domain.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anki_1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail in unix

Dear Friends, I have a shell script where the mail is being sent like this: /usr/lib/sendmail -v ${CPA_ADMIN} CPA_ADMIN="xx@abc.com" Can we specify more than one email ids in this variable? Is ther eany limit to the number of email ids I can specify in this variable, to whom the mail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radhe
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue on sending a mail with attachment using unix script ?

Issue on sending a mail with attachment using unix script ? Below is my code and is working fine and there is a issue in the attachment, the attachment file printing as a text-encripted message in the mail draft box instead of putting as a attachment (cat $msg; uuencode $attach1 in1.txt ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending a mail from unix script doubt

HI i usually send an a file attachment in a mail from unix like following. mailx -s 'Job Success' someoner@gmail.com < attachment.log But I have observed in several threads that we can also use uuencode and uudecode. What are they? when should we use uudecode and uuencode ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_tns
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending e-mail from unix

Hello, I want to send an email from unix. I tried following commands: mailx -s "hello" manish.xxx@xxx.com < echo_manish and echo "Testing Mail" | mailx -s "hello" manish.xxx@xxx.com but in both the commands nothing is happening. I mean it is neither giving any error nor I am receiving... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies
MboxParser::Mail::Convertable(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			MboxParser::Mail::Convertable(3pm)

NAME
Mail::MboxParser::Mail::Convertable - convert mail for sending etc. SYNOPSIS
use Mail::MboxParser; [...] # $msg is a Mail::MboxParser::Mail-object my $mail = $msg->make_convertable; $mail->delete_from_header('date', 'message-id'); $mail->replace_in_header('to', 'john.doe@foobar.com'); $mail->add_to_header( ['cc', 'john.does.brother@foobar.com'], where => 'BEHIND' ); $mail->send('sendmail'); DESCRIPTION
This class adds means to convert an email object into something that could be send via SMTP, NNTP or dumped to a file or filehandle. Therefore, methods are provided that change the structure of an email which includes adding and removing of header-fields, MIME-parts etc and transforming them into objects of related modules. Currently, only basic manipulation of the header and sending using Mail::Mailer is provided. More is to come soon. This class works non-destructive. You first create a Convertable-object and do any modifications on this while the Mail-object from which it was derived will not be touched. METHODS
delete_from_header(header-fields) Given a list of header-field names, these fields will be removed from the header. If you want to re-send a message, you could for instance remove the cc-field cause otherwise the message would be carbon-copied to the addresses listed in the cc-field. add_to_header(array-ref) add_to_header(array-ref, where => 'BEFORE' | 'BEHIND') add_to_header() takes a reference to a two-element list whose first element specifies the header-field to add or to add to while the second elements specifies the data that should be added. 'where' specifies whether to add at the beginning or at the end of the header. Defaults to 'BEHIND' if not given. replace_in_header(header-field, new_data) First element must be the header-field to be replaced while the second argument must be a string indicating what will be the new content of the header-field. send(command, args) Literally inherited from Mail::Internet. Commands can be "mail" (using the UNIX-mail program), "sendmail" (using a configured sendmail or compatible MTA like exim), "smtp" (for using Net::SMTP) and "test" which will only display what would be sent using /bin/echo. Additional arguments will be passed on to Mail::Mailer->new() which is in fact what Mail::Internet->send() uses. For more details, see Mail::Mailer VERSION
This is version 0.55. AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Tassilo von Parseval <tassilo.von.parseval@rwth-aachen.de> Copyright (c) 2001-2005 Tassilo von Parseval. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Mail::Internet, Mail::Mailer perl v5.12.3 2005-12-08 MboxParser::Mail::Convertable(3pm)