Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How can I change the default gateway? Post 67843 by pressy on Monday 28th of March 2005 05:08:08 PM
Old 03-28-2005
there is a file called /etc/defaultrouter where your system looks on a boot for your gateway.
man defaultrouter

gP

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change default route when primary gateway dies

Hello all! We have two fedora routers one at each site. What we are trying to do worked using freesco but not on fedora, i'm not very good at scripting and need a little guidence. Basicly what we are trying to do is if the primary line dies, the router will change it's routes to go through our... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slacker
0 Replies

2. AIX

Help with Default Gateway

Hi, I have two interfaces on m AIX 5.3 box. One going to 192.168.1.x and it has a gateway of 192.168.1.1. I configured the other gateway with 192.168.2.x and the default gateway as 192.168.2.1. But I can't get connectivity to the 192.168.2.1 network. Can someone help me out and let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Change gateway without reboot server

Hi Gurus Recently i had change the gateway for a server i had change the IP in the /etc/defaultrouter and run the below command # route add default 10.86.33.222 # route delete default 10.86.33.1 # netstat -rn Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

where can i modify default gateway

where in configuration files can i modify default gateway in hp-ux11iv3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies

5. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot ping default gateway

I have NCR MP-RAS unix. I have been trying for several months to get our network working since we had never used it before. I have setup all routes that I can think of. I know it has something to do with the routing table, because out of sheer luck I was able to get it working, and than like a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Change Default gateway

Hi..I have to change default gateway in my linux machine. Its OS is RHEL6. I followed following steps. 1.run command ip route to check current default gateway 2.delete that gateway with command route del default gw x.x.x.x eth2 3.Add new gatewy with command below route add default gateway... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Default Gateway

I am am using IPv6 IP's with an OS of Debian. Is it possible to set a *static* default gateway w/o the router being connected? Will that gateway change when the router is connected? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
oidentd_masq.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					      oidentd_masq.conf(5)

NAME
oidentd_masq.conf - oidentd IP masquerading/NAT configuration file. DESCRIPTION
If you are using IP masquerading or NAT, oidentd can optionally return a username for connections from other machines. Support for this is specified by calling oidentd with the -m (or --masq) flag and by creating an /etc/oidentd_masq.conf file. oidentd can also forward requests for an IP masqueraded connection to the machine from which connection originates by way of the -f option. This will only work if the host to which the connection is forwarded is running oidentd with the -P (proxy) flag, or if the host's ident daemon will return a valid reply regardless of the input supplied by and the address of the host requesting the info (some ident daemons for windows do this, maybe others). FORMAT
<IP Address|Hostname>[/<Mask>] <Ident Response> <System Type> The first field contains the IP address or the hostname of a machine that IP masquerades through the machine on which oidentd runs. The mask parameter can be either a network mask or a mask in CIDR notation. A mask of 24 is equivalent to 255.255.255.0, a mask of 16 is equivalent to 255.255.0.0, etc. The second field specifies the reply that oidentd will return for lookups to the host matching the IP address specified in the first param- eter. The third field specifies the operating system the machine matching the first parameter is running. EXAMPLES
<Host>[/<Mask>] <Ident Response> <System Type> 192.168.1.1 someone UNIX 192.168.1.2 noone WINDOWS 192.168.1.1/32 user1 UNIX 192.168.1.0/24 user3 UNIX 192.168.0.0/16 user4 UNIX somehost user5 UNIX 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 user6 UNIX AUTHOR
Ryan McCabe <ryan@numb.org> http://dev.ojnk.net SEE ALSO
oidentd(8) oidentd.conf(5) version 2.0.8 13 Jul 2003 oidentd_masq.conf(5)