Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run the scripts from windows to UNIX Post 67808 by reborg on Monday 28th of March 2005 11:16:58 AM
Old 03-28-2005
Is this homework?
I will give you the benefit of doubt for now.

It is possible to do this, however you will need to take one of two approaches.

1. Run the commands remotely using a telnet/rlogin/ssh api http://javassh.org for example, others are availabe on sourceforge.

2. Have a server proccess written in java (in fact it could be written in any language) running on the unix machine and communicate with it using CORBA;RMI; or sockets.

Since method 2 is in now way trivial I suggest you look into using method 1, for you you will find many examples and FAQs by simply googling, for example this http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ssh+api+java&meta= should get you started.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How do you run Unix on top of Windows?

Okay, so here's my dealio. I have a (rather old) system that runs Windows 98 Second Edition. What i wanna do is be able to run Unix from it. My question is, how do you do that? A friend told me that when you boot up, the computer will ask you which OS you want to run. I'm really not quite clear on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkAngel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Porting of Windows written unix scripts to unix platform

Can anybody help me in finding out a solution for the problem below? When we write .unix or .sh files in windows OS and port them to Unix platforms there is a character ^M inserted at the end of each line of the script file. During ftp porting I set the transfer mode as ASCII for the script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamilselvi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Shell Scripts from Windows to Unix: files have exotic characters

Hey guys, I am working on my shell scripts in wordpad in windows. Then, I upload it to my unix using psftp, but when I open those files with "vi" in Unix, there are all these "^M" characters in the file. Would anyone of you have a clue as to why? Help would be appreciated. Thanks, Laud (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
4 Replies

4. Linux

Possible ways to run shell scripts on Windows

Hi all, I want to know possible ways to exceute the shell scripts on Windows environment. Please help me. Regards, Uday. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I run scripts in my unix account from batch file in Windows?

Hi all, I'm working on Windows, connecting to my Unix account by different ways: by FTP opening files in UltraEdit32, by mapping drive to browse, by Exceed or Telnet to compile at Unix account. Actually, that is what I would like to change: I'd like to make a batch file which would connect to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olgafb
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I run unix in the same partition with windows?

Can I run unix in the same partition with windows xp? Because I have one for now.. Thank you for answers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olddays
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows services for unix - How do I run in batch

I just installed Windows Services for Unix. I want to create a ksh program and schedule it using the Windows scheduler. How would I go about doing it? What would the command line look like? Do I always have to be in a ksh shell to run the batch program even if it is not scheduled? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run UNIX commands for practice in Windows 2000 OS?

How to run UNIX commands for practice in Windows 2000 OS? If you suggest to install Cygwin, please let me know the procedure to install, or else I feel happy if you suggest any stand alone app for running UNIX commands..:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srikanthk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

run oracle procedure in unix scripts

for j in $(du -h $1| awk '{printf("%100-s \n",$2)}') do for a in $(ls -time $(find $j -name '*.txt') | awk '{printf("\n%s %s %s %s %s",$4,$7,$8,$10,$11)}') do echo "$a">output.txt done done exit 0 echo "Password : xxxxxx " > LOG/BGH_$3.out (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run UNIX commands on remote machine from windows?

Hi All, I am working in support and we are planning to automate a system to reduce the direct manual intervention to core system. Please find the below details. 1. we have a web application that runs on Windows Platform. 2. From web application, we need to connect to remote Unix machine.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji K
6 Replies
RHINO-JSC(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RHINO-JSC(1)

NAME
rhino-jsc - invokes the rhino JavaScript compiler SYNOPSIS
rhino-jsc [options] file1.js [file2.js...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the rhino-jsc command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. It is written according to the html documentation. rhino-jsc is a start script for the rhino JavaScript compiler. The JavaScript compiler translates JavaScript source into Java class files. The resulting Java class files can then be loaded and executed at another time, providing a convenient method for transferring JavaScript, and for avoiding translation cost. Note that the top-level functions available to the shell (such as print) are not available to compiled scripts when they are run outside the shell. OPTIONS
-extends java_class_name Specifies that a java class extending the Java class java_class_name should be generated from the incoming JavaScript source file. Each global function in the source file is made a method of the generated class, overriding any methods in the base class by the same name. -implements java_intf_name Specifies that a java class implementing the Java interface java_intf_name should be generated from the incoming JavaScript source file. Each global function in the source file is made a method of the generated class, implementing any methods in the interface by the same name. -debug, -g Specifies that debug information should be generated. May not be combined with optimization at an optLevel greater than zero. -nosource Does not save the source in the class file. Functions and scripts compiled this way cannot be decompiled. This option can be used to avoid distributing source or simply to save space in the resulting class file. -o outputFile Writes the class file to the given file (which should end in .class). The string outputFile must be a writable filename. -opt, -O optLevel Optimizes at level optLevel, which must be an integer between 0 and 9. -package packageName Specifies the package to generate the class into. The string packageName must be composed of valid identifier characters optionally separated by periods. -version versionNumber Specifies the language version to compile with. The string versionNumber must be one of 100, 110, 120, 130, or 140. See JavaScript Language Versions for more information on language versions. EXAMPLE
Example compiling the NervousText.js applet written in JavaScript. The example is provided in the librhino-java-doc package. $ rhino-jsc -extends java.applet.Applet -implements java.lang.Runnable NervousText.js SEE ALSO
The online documentation under http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/jsc.html AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Wolfgang Baer <WBaer@gmx.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). February 12, 2005 RHINO-JSC(1)