Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using argv argc
Top Forums Programming Using argv argc Post 67675 by Akeson Chihiro on Friday 25th of March 2005 03:49:49 AM
Old 03-25-2005
*argv[]

I replaced **argv by *argv[]

Doesn't seem to work Smilie
char location[100],param[150],*ptr1,**ptr2;

Location is the path of the brib file;

strcat(param,"wgrib ");
strcat(param,location);
strcat(param," -V");
ptr1 = param;
ptr2 = &ptr1;
wgrib(2, ptr2);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

argv

I have a program which I wish to modify. It used to be run from the command line, but now I wish to change this so it can be used as a function. The program has complex argument processing so I want to pass my paramters to as if it were being called by the OS as a program. I have tried to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
2 Replies

2. Programming

dbx debugger + argv[argc]

Is it possible to use the dbx debugger with the CL options for the executable ? Say you have created a executable called myfunc which can take string arguments at run-time. You run it like this ./myfunc Hello World where Hello and World are the string arguments My question is whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

3. Programming

help for argv argc

Hi C experts, I have the following code for adding command line option for a program int main (argc, argv) int argc; char *argv; { char *mem_type; //memory type char *name; //name of the memory int addr; //address bits int data; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
5 Replies

4. Programming

Building an argc/argv style structure from a string (char*)

Hello All, First post. I've been struggling with the following: Given a char* string, I need to construct an "int argc, char *argv" style structure. What I'm struggling with most is handling escaped-whitespace and quotes. e.g. the string: char *s = "hello world 'my name is simon'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbarwise
10 Replies

5. Programming

ARGV help in C

Hi, Can somehelp help how to list file in a dir? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
5 Replies

6. Programming

help with C, argv

when i run my program, i have a parameter, that i want to set the value to another string i am using int main(int argc, char **argv) { char my_str=argv; printf("%s",my_str); return 0; } and i get Segmentation fault ran using ./my_prog /usr/share/dict/words hello1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ARGV and ARGC in bash 3 and bash 3.2

Hi Folks, I've prepared a shell script that takes action based on arguments and number of arguments..sample code like: ARGV=("$@") ARGC=("$#") case ${ARGV} in abc) if ; then ...... else printf "\nInvalid number of arguments, please check the inputs and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBC
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

argc/ argv in awk

Hi guys, i'm trying to solve this problem. I have to run something like cat file1.txt | awk -f script.awk 10 if i'm in the awk script, how can i take the parameter :10 ??:wall: i try something like : BEGIN{ var=argv } {..} END{..} but obviously is not correct... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heaven25
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help using argc/argv in assignment

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: First, create a "hello world" program that prints "Hello World". But NOW, instead use argc to verify that a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: miniviking10
9 Replies
XSetStandardProperties(3X11)											      XSetStandardProperties(3X11)

Name
       XSetStandardProperties - set standard window manager properties

Syntax
       XSetStandardProperties(display, w, window_name, icon_name, icon_pixmap, argv, argc, hints)
	     Display *display;
	     Window w;
	     char *window_name;
	     char *icon_name;
	     Pixmap icon_pixmap;
	     char **argv;
	     int argc;
	     XSizeHints *hints;

Arguments
       argc	 Specifies the number of arguments.

argv	 Specifies the application's argument list.

display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

hints	 Specifies a pointer to the size hints for the window in its normal state.

icon_name Specifies the icon name, which should be a null-terminated string.

icon_pixmap
		 Specifies the bitmap that is to be used for the icon or

w	 Specifies the window.

window_name
		 Specifies the window name, which should be a null-terminated string.

Description
       The  function provides a means by which simple applications set the most essential properties with a single call.  should be used to give a
       window manager some information about your program's preferences.  It should not be used by applications  that  need  to  communicate  more
       information than is possible with (Typically, argv is the argv array of your main program.)

can generate and errors.

Properties
       WM_NAME, WM_ICON_NAME, WM_HINTS, WM_COMMAND, and WM_NORMALHINTS

Diagnostics
       The server failed to allocate the requested resource or server memory.

A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XSetClassHint(3X11),  XSetCommand(3X11), XSetIconName(3X11), XSetIconSizeHints(3X11), XSetNormalHints(3X11), XSetSizeHints(3X11), XSetTran-
       sientForHint(3X11), XSetWMHints(3X11), XSetZoomHints(3X11), XStoreName(3X11)
       Guide to the Xlib Library

XSetStandardProperties(3X11)