Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: process time
Top Forums Programming process time Post 6761 by sathishkumar on Wednesday 12th of September 2001 01:34:22 AM
Old 09-12-2001
process time

Hi ,

I want to find the total time taken by the system for doing a particular process. Can u help me!!!!!

thanx-
bye

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

get process start time

Hi all, I like to know how can I get currenlty running process start time and date , I know only porcess id in solaris and hp-ux and what is command to get same using ps with switch. Thanks Naeem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naeem ahmad
1 Replies

2. Solaris

what time did my process die ??

Hi there I have a backup script that runs every night and for some reason ive been getting in in the morning and the process has died, Is there any way I can tell when it died? if not .....would anybody recommend some scripting that i could do that would be able to tell me this information ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

3. Programming

Time taken by a child process?

Hi, I have a program where I fork few child jobs and call execvp to run another jobs. I use wait to wait for any job to get complete. Requirement is I need to know the actual time taken by child job during execution. I thought of calculating the time just before forking and after wait, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjul_thegreat
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to Decrease priority of a particular process in time of process creation

how to decrease priority of a particular process in time of process creation... and also how to decrease priority of a particular process after process creation.. can any one please help me out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramkum
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process one line at a time

Guys, I've written the following to proces one line at a time and then process individual column within the line.. But it works only when there is one line. I know awk will simply fetch multiple lines when run against a file with many lines. How do i achieve this ? cat ${PARFILE} |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathg
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process accounting and Shell process time

Hi All, I am running the following accounting on one of my executable, $ accton /home/myexe-acct $ ./myexe $ accton When I check the process timings I get the below result, Shell process time: 300ms myexe time: 100ms I want to know on why the shell(sh) process is taking so much time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santoshbr4
1 Replies

7. Linux

Process start time not showing correct time

Process start time is not showing the correct time: I had started a process on Jun 17th at 23:30:00. Next day morning when I run the command "ps -ef | grep mq", the process is showing the start date of Jun 17th but the start time is 00:16:41 Day/Date is setup correctly on the server. It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get process's time value

Hi, I'm trying to learn csh so I've started to do some simple scrips. Now I'm kinda stuck in this one: I want to do a script that first search, for each user, if there's at least a process with a TIME >= something (30 mins, for example). There are 2 things that I cant figure out: - in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GarFunkel
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

10. Solaris

process CPU time

We are using JAVA program and strange thing is it takes 100% CPU when not in use. The program function is to stream a file on output port (one direction). It checks one directory and when there is a file in it, starts. While it is streaming the CPU usage is normal, about 20%. But, if... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
9 Replies
PAPI_flops(3)							       PAPI							     PAPI_flops(3)

NAME
PAPI_flops - Simplified call to get Mflops/s (floating point operation rate), real and processor time. SYNOPSIS
Detailed Description C Interface: #include <papi.h> int PAPI_flops( float *rtime, float *ptime, long long *flpops, float *mflops ); Parameters: *rtime total realtime since the first call *ptime total process time since the first call *flpops total floating point operations since the first call *mflops incremental (Mega) floating point operations per seconds since the last call Return values: PAPI_EINVAL The counters were already started by something other than PAPI_flops(). PAPI_ENOEVNT The floating point operations event does not exist. PAPI_ENOMEM Insufficient memory to complete the operation. The first call to PAPI_flops() will initialize the PAPI High Level interface, set up the counters to monitor the PAPI_FP_OPS event and start the counters. Subsequent calls will read the counters and return total real time, total process time, total floating point operations since the start of the measurement and the Mflop/s rate since latest call to PAPI_flops(). A call to PAPI_stop_counters() will stop the counters from running and then calls such as PAPI_start_counters() or other rate calls can safely be used. PAPI_flops returns information related to theoretical floating point operations rather than simple instructions. It uses the PAPI_FP_OPS event which attempts to 'correctly' account for, e.g., FMA undercounts and FP Store overcounts, etc. See Also: PAPI_flips() PAPI_ipc() PAPI_epc() PAPI_stop_counters() Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for PAPI from the source code. Version 5.2.0.0 Tue Jun 17 2014 PAPI_flops(3)