Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Invoke script within a script Post 67531 by mskarica on Wednesday 23rd of March 2005 07:28:30 PM
Old 03-23-2005
By the way, the only thing the script that I am trying to invoke does is: it reads a mail file, extracts the sender, and saves the senders email address to a file named SENDER.

The script works fine if I invoke it myself from a command prompt, its just not working when trying to invoke it within my other script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to invoke shell script

hi everybody, i learning unix now only.Can u pls guide me in invoking a shell script.Actually i need to know how to write the command for invoking the shell script.Suppose the shell file name is count , then how i will write the command. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopa_mani
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke java program in script

Hey all, My boss tasked me with the job to write a script which would invoke various java programs, the thing is I don't know much about shell scripting so would you experts help me out? Here is the requirement - 2 applications written in java: App_A and App_B -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke same script twice

hey, can I invoke the same script twice simultaneously? I want both instances to run at the same time with different parameters. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke shell script in cgi script

Hi, I just tried to call a simple shell script from a cgi script writing in c programming.But,it is not working.i will be grateful if anyone can show me the problems going on as i m new to c and oso shell script.Thanks. -Here is my shell script of call the 'pc shut down' system command in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carolline
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to invoke a script upon arrival of a file

hi all, i recieve a file from other server, on a daily basis .... but the time of arrival is unpredictable .... i need to move this file to another directory before the next file arrives ... i have written a script that does this op and performs some manipulations on the data... but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to invoke a sh script from KSH

Hi all, Iam writing a KSH script which needs to export dispaly to Xwindows and then involke a sh script .. But a core file is getting genrated for reasons not known to me. Please check i need incorporate below mentioend code in my script which iam not abel to .. export DISPLAY=`who am i |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahman_riyaz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a bash script with perl

Hi all, I use the perl script to invoke the bash script. and now there is a problem. my bash script lists as follows: and I use perl run this test scripts now the problem is when I run the perl script I find there is nothing recorded in the file /tmp/jdk.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

invoke one script based on previous script execution

I am database guy and not very good at shell scripts. I am seeking help to sharp my script coding. I have 5 scripts 1. master script. I use this one to call other four scripts to do database work. 2. db_backup_1 and log_backup_1 3. db_backup_2 and log_backup_2 in master script, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script of invoke an email program

Is it possible that a shell script invokes a windows mailing application like Lotus Notes and creates a mail and sends it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Depend on Script message needs to be invoke anothe script

I have script below #! /bin/bash if then echo "JBoss is NOT running" else echo "JBoss is running" fi If JBoss is NOT running need to be invoke another script i.e jboss startup script /home/vizion/Desktop/jboss-4.2.3.GA/bin/run.sh script from other script not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
5 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)