Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bootpd Messages
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bootpd Messages Post 6743 by Jai on Tuesday 11th of September 2001 10:21:31 AM
Old 09-11-2001
Bootpd Messages

Hi ,
I had rebooted my Sun Machine 2 days back...
I was going thru my messages file ... I notice this messages
Bootpd :- IP address not found x.x.x.x
Wat is this bootpd and why is it looking for IPs ...
How do i turn it off ..

JD

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Need actual bootpd for solaris

Hi everybody, i have downloaded some archieves but i couldn't compile it without errors. please help... where can i find a bootp that works?! my hardware: sparc prozessor with solaris 8 (5.8 (2.8)) thanks Johnny (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnypark
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

error messages in /var/adm/messages

Hi, I have a SunFire V490, Solaris 10 with XP1024 storage and HP Library. I have noticed the following error messages in the /var/adm/messages file. These errors are being generated constantly. Also commands like devfsadm, format cfgadm etc are getting hung. After a reboot it works fine for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinp82
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Info req: /var/adm/messages - Kern.warning - different ID messages

Hi all, where I can find a list and meaning of the ID number (for example ID 353554 kern.warning)? Thanks in advance Pierluigi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Petrucci
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Help understanding [daemon.warning] messages in /var/adm/messages

Hi I've been using solaris for a few days now. During the install process i had some problems configuring my nic as i needed to install a third-party driver, which i got from a a linked site from the Sun Device Detector tool a ran prior to installing. I got it working eventually, but i'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpg.2009
1 Replies

5. Solaris

[kern.warning] messages in /var/adm/messages

Hi Having looked through the log file /var/adm/messages i've noticed these kernel warning messages and i don't know what they mean: !-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> cpudrv: NOTICE: cpu_acpi: _TSS package not found. cpudrv: WARNING:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpg.2009
1 Replies

6. Solaris

uamod messages in /var/adm/messages

Hello, I am using Solaris 10 and I'm geting the folowing error in /var/adm/messages. Feb 12 09:01:18 srp21ce1 uamod: NOTICE: (uamod480 @ Q 0x600159db710) set threshold to default values Feb 12 09:01:18 srp21ce1 uamod: NOTICE: (uamod480 @ Q 0x600159db710) threshold values... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toshibelul
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why there are /var/adm/messages.0,messages.1,messages.2,messages.3

Hi folks, In what circumstance does the log move to /var/adm/messages.0.......messages.1,messages.2,messages.3 .......etc ---------- Post updated at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:17 PM ---------- To make my questions more understandable, What are the processes that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimurayuki
4 Replies

8. SCO

Need help turning off bootpd

OSR 5.0.7 patched with MP 5 The syslog is flooded with messages: May 9 13:42:12 asiwc bootpd: IP address not found: 192.168.230.215 May 9 13:42:13 asiwc bootpd: IP address not found: 192.168.230.142 May 9 13:42:50 asiwc bootpd: IP address not found: 192.168.230.202 The system... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Local zone is not logging systems messages to /var/adm/messages

This is isolated to just 1 non-global zone out of many zones managed This is a Solaris 11 system on SPARC This is NOT a branded zone syslogd is active This came to our attention when one of our scripts didn't run over the weekend prompting us to check our messages logging in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
6 Replies
syslog_evm.conf(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						syslog_evm.conf(4)

NAME
syslog_evm.conf - EVM syslog subscription configuration file SYNOPSIS
facility.priority DESCRIPTION
The syslog_evm.conf file is a text file that specifies what syslog messages will be forwarded from the syslog daemon to the Event Manager, EVM,in the form of EVM events. Those syslog messages are posted to the EVM daemon evmd by syslogd if the syslogd forwarding function is turned on with the -e flag. Events are posted with the EVM name of sys.unix.syslog.facility-name. This configuration file is read every time syslogd starts, or is restarted by a SIGHUP signal. If the file does not exist, or if it exists but contains no subscription lines, no syslog messages will be posted to EVM. Each line in the file controls the forwarding of one syslog event. Lines beginning with the # character are considered comments and are ignored. Only one subscription per line is permitted. Mixing a subscription and a comment on the same line is not allowed. Each line has the format facility.priority[+]. Specifies the part of the system that generated the message. Legal values are the follow- ing: All messages. Messages generated by the kernel. Messages generated by user processes. Messages generated by the mail system. Mes- sages generated by system daemons. Messages generated by the authorization system. Messages generated internal to the syslog system. Messages generated by the line printer spooling system. Messages generated by the system news command. Messages generated by the UNIX to UNIX copy system. Messages generated by the system clock daemon. Messages generated by remote file systems. Available for local use. Indicates the priority of the message. If the priority is followed by a + character, events which are of the specified priority or higher are forwarded; otherwise only events which exactly match the priority are forwarded. The priority level must be one of the following: Forward messages of any priority. Forward messages of emergency priority. Forward messages of alert priority. Forward messages of critical priority. Forward messages of error priority. Forward messages of warn- ing priority. Forward messages of notice priority. Forward messages of information priority. Forward messages of debug priority. EXAMPLES
This example causes syslogd to forward events to EVM as follows: All messages of emergency priority are forwarded. All messages generated in the kernel which have a priority of info or greater are forwarded. All messages generated by users, by the mail subsystem or by the system daemons which have a priority of info or greater are forwarded. *.emerg kern.info+ user.notice+ mail.notice+ daemon.notice+ FILES
Location of the system logger configuration file. Location of the EVM syslog subscription configuration file. Location of the EVM logger configuration file. SEE ALSO
Commands: evmd(8), evmlogger(8), syslog(1), syslogd(8) Routines: syslog(3) Event Management: EVM(5) delim off syslog_evm.conf(4)