Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Solaris Sun Java Desktop
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Solaris Sun Java Desktop Post 67289 by chek on Tuesday 22nd of March 2005 09:03:37 AM
Old 03-22-2005
whatever

Seriously i feel like ive wasted my time with you. If you want something that works "out of the box" go and buy one of those shiny new macs. if you want to learn i suggest you change your attitude. I've actually had the same problem with Solaris 10 and you do need to identify your graphics chip to configure xorg.conf

good luck

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Java Portal Server 6 and Solaris 10

Hello, I have recently installed Solaris 10 OE in an Ultra-10 stand alone workstation. I would like to know where can I find information regarding which version of Sun Web technologies such as: Sun Java Portal 6.x Sun Java Web Server 6.x Sun Java Identity Server Sun Java Directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosqueda_albert
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

4. Solaris

useful links and help resources for Sun's products and Sun's Solaris

Hi all, Those links might help anyone Knowledge base Video tutorials (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies
GMTLOGO(1gmt)						       Generic Mapping Tools						     GMTLOGO(1gmt)

NAME
gmtlogo - Adding a GMT graphics logo overlay to an illustration SYNOPSIS
gmtlogo dx dy [ -Gfill ] [ -W[pen] ] >> plot.ps DESCRIPTION
This scrips appends the GMT logo to an "open" PostScript file. The logo is 2 inches wide and 1 inch high and will be positioned with the lower left corner at the position (dx,dy) relative to the current plot origin. OPTIONS
-G Select color or pattern for filling the underlying box [Default is no fill]. (See SPECIFYING FILL below). -W Set pen attributes for the outline of the box [Default is no outline]. (See SPECIFYING PENS below). SPECIFYING PENS pen The attributes of lines and symbol outlines as defined by pen is a comma delimetered list of width, color and texture, each of which is optional. width can be indicated as a measure (points, centimeters, inches) or as faint, thin[ner|nest], thick[er|est], fat[ter|test], or obese. color specifies a gray shade or color (see SPECIFYING COLOR below). texture is a combination of dashes `-' and dots `.'. SPECIFYING FILL fill The attribute fill specifies the solid shade or solid color (see SPECIFYING COLOR below) or the pattern used for filling polygons. Patterns are specified as pdpi/pattern, where pattern gives the number of the built-in pattern (1-90) or the name of a Sun 1-, 8-, or 24-bit raster file. The dpi sets the resolution of the image. For 1-bit rasters: use Pdpi/pattern for inverse video, or append :Fcolor[B[color]] to specify fore- and background colors (use color = - for transparency). See GMT Cookbook & Technical Reference Appendix E for information on individual patterns. SPECIFYING COLOR color The color of lines, areas and patterns can be specified by a valid color name; by a gray shade (in the range 0-255); by a decimal color code (r/g/b, each in range 0-255; h-s-v, ranges 0-360, 0-1, 0-1; or c/m/y/k, each in range 0-1); or by a hexadecimal color code (#rrggbb, as used in HTML). See the gmtcolors manpage for more information and a full list of color names. SEE ALSO
GMT(1), gmtcolors(5), psimage(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 GMTLOGO(1gmt)