Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crtl+D
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers crtl+D Post 6711 by LivinFree on Monday 10th of September 2001 11:18:49 PM
Old 09-11-2001
I may be wrong, but I think it may be this line:
Code:
 Oct   Dec   Hex   Char
 --------------------------
  004   4     04     EOT

For future reference, I got this from the ascii man page (helpful little devil, and a lot of people don't even know it exists...)

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crtl-c not working

hello, After I log into a box I run a small script so my backspace works, but after running the script the ctrl-c will not work anymore to break.. Will work before.. The script I run is below... I am on AIX 5.2. Thanks. set -o vi TMOUT=0 export TERM=xterm export HOST=`hostname` export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enter Crtl+U character in shell script

hi I have some program which accepts "Crtl+U" input, Now i want to run it thorugh my written script ...all other inputs are accepted but how to supply this input. I am supplying input parameters to the program named EX as below. ================================= main.sh . . EX<<EOF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

^ C = crtl+C ??

Why ^ C stands for crtl+C in ubuntu shell? also on gvim the shortcuts come this way too with weird symbols (like +gP). Where can I find a list of those? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frs
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Data file with Crtl file

Hi, I need to compare a file with its contents matching to that of another file(filename , received date and record count). Lets say has File A original data Ex - 1,abc,1234 2,bcd,4567 3,cde,8901 and File B has details of File A Ex- FILEA.TXT|06/17|2010|3 (filename)|(received... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth B
18 Replies
INFO2MAN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       INFO2MAN(1)

NAME
info2man - generate man pages from info documents SYNOPSIS
info2man info-file DESCRIPTION
info2man converts a GNU info file to a man page. It first generates a POD (Plain Old Documentation) file using info2pod(1), then converts this to a man page using pod2man(1). info-file should be the full path to the info file (probably in /usr/share/info or similar). OPTIONS
None. NOTES
The style of info documentation and man pages differs considerably. Info documentation is generally written as a book, making full use of chapters, hyperlinks, footnotes, and the like. By contrast, man pages are often intended as something closer to a reference card. That said, many people prefer the interface used to view man pages (a normal pager) to the available info browsers. This program will con- vert the form, but not the content; don't expect it to possess the artificial intelligence necessary to turn a lengthy interconnected info file into a man page that is a model of conciseness! AUTHOR
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> wrote info2man. Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote this manual page. SEE ALSO
info2pod(1), pod2man(1). INFO2MAN(1)