Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix book reference
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix book reference Post 67101 by mandarin14 on Monday 21st of March 2005 02:08:02 PM
Old 03-21-2005
Unix book reference

Does anyone here have a favorite? I just wanted to find a reliable book which is meaty in content and still easily understandable..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Need Good UNIX Reference

For various reasons, I have had UNIX thrust upon me. Can anyone recommend a GOOD UNIX reference book for a beginner? Any help is greatly appreciated! :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: michellev
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reference a directory on another Unix server

I want to reference a directory on another Unix server. I have looked at the ln command but have seen information only relating to directories on the same server. Any suggestions? It is IBM AIX Unix 4.3 server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pengwyn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Book

OK Guys! I need a top of the line unix system administration book for newbies! help! thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disturbe_d
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Reference Book

Hi Guys, Can any one please provide me the link where i can download good reference book for AIX. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
2 Replies

5. Programming

C Reference Book

Hi All, Which one do you think is better as the C reference book: C in a Nutshell (O'Reilly, 2005) or C Primer Plus 5th ed. (Sams, 2004)? I knew both of them should be great, but I certainly do not want to buy both. Any suggestion? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zx1106
6 Replies

6. AIX

Required AIX Simulator \Command reference book

Sir, Iam required AIx simulator If any send the download link I required it for practice (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arif185
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk language reference: book

Gurus, I am looking for a book on Awk programming. A quick Google search gave me Amazon.com: The AWK Programming Language (9780201079814): Alfred V. Aho, Brian W. Kernighan, Peter J. Weinberger: Books by Alfred Aho. Is there anything other than that? Any advice? Thanks. Al. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Book reference

hello I am looking for book reference far Linux books that have information that is up to date. Example: Running Linux, O`Reilly, year 1995. Or Linux Administration, A beginners guide, 5`th ed, Mc Graw Hill Osbourn, year 2009. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

UNIX reference books

Hi , Can any one send me the best unix book to start. Actually i know the very basic but i need to learn in depth. Please send me the pdf or link.It would be very helpful if you send ASAP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
2 Replies
books(3)							       Coin								  books(3)

NAME
books - Books Related to Open Inventor / Coin Here is a list of some of the better books for people that invested in software development with Open Inventor. If you have suggestions for additional books that ought to go on this list, please feel free to tell us about it. The Inventor Mentor (subtitle 'Programming Object-Oriented 3D Graphics with Open Inventor') This is an excellently written, detailed, tutorial-style introductory book for Open Inventor that takes you through all the fundamental design principles applied in the Open Inventor API, richly illustrated and with numerous, well documented code examples. The Inventor Mentor is getting a bit old, but do not let that put you off. It is as valid today as it was the day it was written, and we heartily recommend this book for anyone learning to use Open Inventor. ISBN 0-201-62495-8. You might also be able to find this book as a pdf file online, but we recommend having it in print. The Inventor Toolmaker This book explains how Open Inventor was designed for being extended by the users, and walks you through how to develop your own components that work with all aspects of Coin. ISBN 0-201-62493-1. You might also be able to find this book as a pdf file online, but we recommend having it in print. The Annotated VRML2.0 Reference Manual This book covers the VRML97 (aka VRML 2.0) standard, which Coin has implemented with its Inventor/VRMLnodes/* classes, which is an extension made beyond the Open Inventor V2.1 API. The VRML97 format has some significant differences from the Inventor and VRML1 formats, so it is a useful book if you want to use that part of Coin. ISBN 0-201-41974-2. You will find the specification documents for VRML97 online at http://www.web3d.org/. The Open GL Programming Manual This is the bible when it comes to OpenGL programming and is relevant for Open Inventor extenders that develop new nodes that implement or affect Open Inventor OpenGL rendering. There are many editions of this book since it is updated whenever new versions of OpenGL are standardized and comes out, so check that you have identified the latest edition if you order one. The Open Inventor C++ Reference Manual Although this book is directly relevant for Open Inventor, it does only cover the Open Inventor 2.1 API. This information is more or less also covered in the online doxygen doc for Coin, where you have it hyperlinked, and can also be generated offline from the Coin sources to have locally, so we do not think this book is very useful to have in print. We mention it anyway since it is an official documentation book for Open Inventor. ISBN 0-201-62491-5. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 books(3)