Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Toshiba laptop
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Toshiba laptop Post 6695 by ober5861 on Monday 10th of September 2001 11:43:30 AM
Old 09-10-2001
sorry... I was thinking more in terms of a monitor... I guess laptops don't really have screen adjustments like that.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO 5.0.5 and Toshiba eStudio

Hi there guys and gals. I have me a near new Toshiba eStudio 2500c. I am having problems however. i cannot print landscape? portrait comes out fine. I have followed the Instructions on install to the letter. when i print i try the following lp -dToshibal -o LANDSCAPE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: togashiando
6 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Help in installing UBuntu 7.10 in Toshiba Tecra A8(Vista business)

Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba Tecra A8 laptop with preinstalled Vista Business license. I would like to install UBuntu 7.10 as another OS. However, I have some doubts:- i) I am not sure whether do the above model supports Linux/Ubuntu in terms of compatibility. So far, I googled and knew... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

3. Solaris

can't install solaris 10 on toshiba laptop

i had a toshiba laptop ( satellite L20 - 100) and i'm trying to install solaris 10 ...but it doesn't complete the setup from the very first begining it gives me this msg: unable to reset device //pci@0,0/pci1179,ff31@1d,2 can anybody help me installing solaris on the pc??? also can the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimydoom
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Toshiba Laptop Won't Run Bluetooth with Ubuntu

I am running Ubuntu 8.1 on a Toshiba Satellite P105-S9337 with built-in Bluetooth hardware. I cannot get the Bluetooth hardware to work with my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. I have installed the tosh software with no luck. Does anyone have an idea as to what to try. I have several kernel mods... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjloeb
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

How is the after sales Service of HP,Dell & Toshiba in India?

Since i was planning to buy a laptop i was just wondering how Problematic these brands products are and how is the after sales service & warranty issues in India(Delhi). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leyvanom
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies
LAPTOP_MODE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    LAPTOP_MODE(8)

NAME
/usr/sbin/laptop_mode - apply laptop mode settings SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/laptop_mode [ cmd ] [ force ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the /usr/sbin/laptop_mode command. laptop_mode is a program that applies the settings given in the /etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf configuration file. The primary use is to control the laptop mode feature included in Linux kernels with versions 2.6.6 and higher, and 2.4.23 and higher. This feature increases battery life by letting your hard drive spin down. This is achieved by grouping disk write activity into "chunks" that are spaced at larger intervals than they normally would be. In addition to sup- porting the Linux kernel's laptop mode feature, /usr/sbin/laptop_mode also supports various power saving modules which are configured through configuration files in the /etc/laptop-mode/conf.d directory. It is not recommended to call /usr/sbin/laptop_mode directly to start or stop laptop mode, except in hardware event handlers. To apply new configuration settings from laptop-mode.conf, call the laptop-mode service init script with the reload parameter. COMMANDS
Specify force as the second parameter to force laptop_mode to re-apply a state even if the computer is already in that state. These are the values that are allowed for cmd : auto Enable or disable laptop mode based on the current power state. Note that this will not do anything if the laptop-mode service has not been started! status Display a status report about everything that laptop_mode affects. SEE ALSO
laptop-mode.conf(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Samwel (bart@samwel.tk) for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. LAPTOP_MODE(8)