Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problems with "show device" command Post 66921 by S.Vishwanath on Friday 18th of March 2005 04:22:21 AM
Old 03-18-2005
If you have a PCI/MCA card (HBA) properly installed into the device, then all the device attached to the 1st HBA (PCI/MCA) card would be listed as dka...and simillary for the other devices attached to the 2nd HBA (PCI/MCA) card will be lited as dkb. So, firstly ensure that you have devices installed properly. If you are sure that they are available, the try to run init again at the console and then try to list the devices attached with sho dev command ? Let me know. Can you give the list that you see on the console whe you run the show dev command?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with "set pka0_host_id 6" command

I need to change the pka0_host_id 7 to 6 but the command "set pka0_host_id 6" returns "pka0_host_id protected from attempted operation". How can i do that? please i need some answers soon!!!!! thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lestat
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Problems with "show device" command

I have a DS25 and when i run "show device" don't appear my 'dka.....' and 'dkb....' devices, but i know they must be there, where could be the error? what can i do to see them? (3 Replies)
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems with "set pka0_host_id 6" command

I need to change the pka0_host_id 7 to 6 but the command "set pka0_host_id 6" returns "pka0_host_id protected from attempted operation". How can i do that? please i need some answers soon!!!!! thanx (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"/dev/rmt/0: No such device or address" when using mt command

/dev/rmt/0: No such device or address I get this when I do a "mt -f /dev/rmt/0 rewind" This is on a Solaris 7 system. I tried devfsadm -c tape and drvconfig ; tape and both didn't work. Help please....... :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mapping between "Pseudo name" and "Logical device ID" in powerpath with SVM changed....

Dear All, I was having powerpath 5.2 on SUN server with SVM connected to CLARIION box.Please find the following output : root # powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower3a CLARiiON ID=CK200073400372 Logical device ID=60060160685D1E004DD97FB647BFDC11 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reboot
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with the jar -tvf command and "if" logic

Hi, I am reading a directory that has a list of jar files. I am searching these files for specific keywords. What i would like to do is write the address of the jar file to a new file if the search result is returned as false. For example; /home/user/JarDirectory/Examplefile.jar ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

"/usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show" command does not work

Dear Concern, We have observed that following command stuck/does not work in some RedHat nodes. Please advise us to troubleshoot the issue. /usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show Note: HP Array Configuration Utility CLI for Linux 64-bit With Best Regards, Md. Abdullah-Al Kauser (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to get the "history" command to show all that is in the .bash_history file?

I am using the bash shell. When I view my recent command history using the "history" command from the prompt, it only shows me the commands starting at #928. The commands I need are earlier than that, but I can't figure out how to make the other 927 display. They are in my .bash_history... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
1 Replies
LOSETUP(8)						       System Administration							LOSETUP(8)

NAME
losetup - set up and control loop devices SYNOPSIS
Get info: losetup loopdev losetup -l [-a] losetup -j file [-o offset] Delete loop: losetup -d loopdev... Delete all used loop devices: losetup -D Print name of first unused loop device: losetup -f Setup loop device: losetup [-o offset] [--sizelimit size] [-p pfd] [-rP] {-f[--show]|loopdev} file Resize loop device: losetup -c loopdev DESCRIPTION
losetup is used to associate loop devices with regular files or block devices, to detach loop devices and to query the status of a loop device. If only the loopdev argument is given, the status of the corresponding loop device is shown. Note that the old output format (e.g. losetup -a) with comma delimited strings is deprecated in favour of the --list output format (e.g. losetup -a -l). OPTIONS
+The size and offset arguments may be followed by the multiplicative +suffixes KiB=1024, MiB=1024*1024, and so on for GiB, TiB, PiB, EiB, ZiB and YiB +(the "iB" is optional, e.g. "K" has the same meaning as "KiB") or the suffixes +KB=1000, MB=1000*1000, and so on for GB, TB, PB, EB, ZB and YB. -a, --all show status of all loop devices. Note that not all information are accessible for non-root users. See also --list. The old output format (as printed without --list) is deprecated. -c, --set-capacity loopdev force loop driver to reread size of the file associated with the specified loop device -d, --detach loopdev... detach the file or device associated with the specified loop device(s) -D, --detach-all detach all associated loop devices -f, --find find the first unused loop device. If a file argument is present, use this device. Otherwise, print its name -h, --help print help -j, --associated file show status of all loop devices associated with given file -l, --list if a loop device or the -a option is specified, print default columns for either the specified loop device or all loop devices, default is to print info about all devices. -o, --offset offset the data start is moved offset bytes into the specified file or device -O, --output columns specify which columns are to be printed for the --list output --sizelimit size the data end is set to no more than size bytes after the data start -P, --partscan force kernel to scan partition table on newly created loop device -r, --read-only setup read-only loop device --show print device name if the -f option and a file argument are present. -v, --verbose verbose mode ENCRYPTION
Cryptoloop is no longer supported in favor of dm-crypt. For more details see cryptsetup(8). RETURN VALUE
losetup returns 0 on success, nonzero on failure. When losetup displays the status of a loop device, it returns 1 if the device is not con- figured and 2 if an error occurred which prevented from determining the status of the device. FILES
/dev/loop[0..N] loop block devices /dev/loop-cotrol loop control device EXAMPLE
The following commands can be used as an example of using the loop device. # dd if=/dev/zero of=~/file.img bs=1MiB count=10 # losetup --find --show ~/file.img /dev/loop0 # mkfs -t ext2 /dev/loop0 # mount /dev/loop0 /mnt ... # umount /dev/loop0 # losetup --detach /dev/loop0 AUTHORS
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>, based on original version from Theodore Ts'o <tytso@athena.mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The losetup command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2003 LOSETUP(8)