Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reversing UID's
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reversing UID's Post 66726 by reborg on Wednesday 16th of March 2005 06:36:37 PM
Old 03-16-2005
yes,

It depends how your server is configured (NIS, NIS+ ...)

user to group mapping is in
/etc/group

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reversing a list

Hi Everyone, I am reading in a list of IDs from a file that is is chronological order. My current code in simplified form looks like this (ksh by the way) IDS=`awk -F\| '{print $1}' inputfile.txt` for i in $IDS do do various things with that ID done ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

output string in reversing order

If I have string { I_love_shell_scripts} anyone knows how to have output {stpircs_llehs_evol_I} by using shell and perl ?I know in perl, there is reverse() funcation, but can it be done by not using reverse()? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and reversing

Hello I'm writing script in awk that reverse order the fields of every line in file. My script have problem with spaces - if there is more spaces between fields in line of file - my script erase them . I want my script work like command "tac" - how to change it ? #!/bin/sh file=$1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing file order using SED

Im trying to develop a shell script that will change the content order of the file. For example I have a file that says a b c d I want to change this to be d c b a Im trying to use sed to this by reading the file and then inserting each line at the top #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and reversing a string

Hi Everyone....I am new to Unix and BASH programming...I just want to read a string and reverse it and display.....can anyone help me out???? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilneela
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reversing a line

Hi, I could not find this anywhere and I am wondering if someone knows a quick way of doing this. So heres the problem... I have a row that looks like this (an example): 5 4 3 2 1 What I want to do is reverse it so it looks like this: 1 2 3 4 5 Does anyone know the simple unix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help reversing this code

ssh servername.com "echo /$APP=$BUSIN >> $URI; echo /$APP/*=$BUSIN >> $URI" Ok for example here i ssh into a example servername.com, and I think what it does some line gets put into the urifile , my question is, how would i go about removing that in a script. in summary, the above code is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2learn09
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reversing order of lines in a file

how can i reverse the line order in text files? (but total number of the lines is not constant ) for example i have a file like this: line1 line2 line3 . . lineN i wantto make it like this: lineN . . . line3 (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
26 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

reversing multiple lines

Hi I want to reverse multiple lines from my file eg of File1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f g h I am using this code to reverse lines but it can only work with one row awk -F'\t' '{while (NF){printf("%s%s", $(NF--),!NF?"":FS)}}' File1 > File2 I want the file to look like this 9 8 7 6 5 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing a line based on column

Hi, I have a file that looks like this (tab seperated): read - DFHJ read1 - IOPE read2 + AAAB read3 + MMMN Basically what i want to do is reverse column 3 if column 2 has a - but leave it if its + so the output would look like this: read - JHFD read1 - EPOI read2 + AAAB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
3 Replies
nischgrp(1)							   User Commands						       nischgrp(1)

NAME
nischgrp - change the group owner of a NIS+ object SYNOPSIS
nischgrp [-AfLP] group name... DESCRIPTION
nischgrp changes the group owner of the NIS+ objects or entries specified by name to the specified NIS+ group. Entries are specified using indexed names (see nismatch(1)). If group is not a fully qualified NIS+ group name, it will be resolved using the directory search path (see nisdefaults(1)). The only restriction on changing an object's group owner is that you must have modify permissions for the object. This command will fail if the master NIS+ server is not running. The NIS+ server will check the validity of the group name prior to effecting the modification. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -A Modify all entries in all tables in the concatenation path that match the search criterion specified in name. This option implies the -P switch. -f Force the operation and fail silently if it does not succeed. -L Follow links and change the group owner of the linked object or entries rather than the group owner of the link itself. -P Follow the concatenation path within a named table. This option only makes sense when either name is an indexed name or the -L switch is also specified and the named object is a link pointing to entries. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using the nischgrp Command The following two examples show how to change the group owner of an object to a group in a different domain, and how to change it to a group in the local domain, respectively. example% nischgrp newgroup.remote.domain. object example% nischgrp my-buds object This example shows how to change the group owner for a password entry. example% nischgrp admins '[uid=99],passwd.org_dir' In the previous example, admins is a NIS+ group in the same domain. The next two examples change the group owner of the object or entries pointed to by a link, and the group owner of all entries in the hob- bies table. example% nischgrp -L my-buds linkname example% nischgrp my-buds '[],hobbies' ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the object is found (see nisdefaults(1)). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. 1 Operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
NIS+(1), nischmod(1), nischown(1), nisdefaults(1), nisgrpadm(1), nismatch(1), nis_objects(3NSL), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the Solaris operating system. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the current Solaris release. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.11 2 Dec 2005 nischgrp(1)