Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitoring partitions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitoring partitions Post 66704 by reborg on Wednesday 16th of March 2005 04:00:58 PM
Old 03-16-2005
You already posted this question in the "UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers" forum and it was answered there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

partitions

HI. i installed solaris on a x86 machine and i only partition for 4 gig when it suppose to be 8. i only using 4 gig right now how can i start using the other four. please help, thanks in advance Meeh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring partitions

Sun Solarus 8. I have a partition that due to some automated processes can fill a partition to 100% before the weekly backup and cleanup process happens. Is there a way I can monitor a partition and send a page or email if the partition gets above 85% full? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrimeRibAndADew
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix partitions

how to access/sliceing different partions using divvy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sobin
1 Replies

4. AIX

Logical Partitions?

I'm trying to find out how many logical partitions our AIX box has. I'm running the command: topas -C and nothing is showing up. Is it safe to say that there is only one LPAR, which is what AIX is installed on? Move to AIX - jim mc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Problems with partitions

Hi. I newbie in solaris. I have server T2000 with 2 disk on raid. I have partitions: Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 825 - 3916 15.00GB (3092/0/0) 31464192 1 swap wu 0 - 824 4.00GB ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: burdock
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Partitions

Hello masters, Actually, i am user of Ubuntu, but I want to use Debian too. I have a computer with a product key for w7 so i will use too, only for games... The structure I have thought is the next with 1TiB of capacity. Primary: 50 GB NTFS for W7 Extended: Logical: 20 GB FAT32... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertogarcia
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partitions.

Hi All, My colleague says . On some boxes we have /var/,/opt are inside root and on some they are not on root they are separately. So please any one explain me what actually the difference is. Thanks is Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Create new partitions

Hello, Can someone tell me why should i do to resolve this problem? I cant creat the news partitions!! # /etc/init.d/volmgt start volume management starting. # format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0d0 <DEFAULT cyl 1955 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Partitions necessary in RHEL 6

I had a query as to what are the partitions that should be necessary in RHEL 6. My knowledge says that 1) / 2) /home 3) Swap 4) /boot should be sufficient. But, I am seeing in my production environment which is RHEL 5 that there are partitions also for 1) /var 2) /tmp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

GPT Partitions

(Don't you hate being on holiday and being the only IT person in the family?) Got a wonderful thanksgiving surprise .. dead windows-8 laptop with "important" unbacked-up data. No worries, I have my my fedora labtop and a magical SATA to USB converter. Plugged in the drive, and ... can't mount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: derekludwig
4 Replies
ARITHMETIC(6)							 BSD Games Manual						     ARITHMETIC(6)

NAME
arithmetic -- quiz on simple arithmetic SYNOPSIS
arithmetic [-o +-x/] [-r range] DESCRIPTION
arithmetic asks you to solve problems in simple arithmetic. Each question must be answered correctly before going on to the next. After every 20 problems, it prints the score so far and the time taken. You can quit at any time by typing the interrupt or end-of-file character. The options are as follows: -o By default, arithmetic asks questions on addition of numbers from 0 to 10, and corresponding subtraction. By supplying one or more of the characters +-x/, you can ask for problems in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, respectively. If you give one of these characters more than once, that kind of problem will be asked correspondingly more often. -r If a range is supplied, arithmetic selects the numbers in its problems in the following way. For addition and multiplication, the numbers to be added or multiplied are between 0 and range, inclusive. For subtraction and division, both the required result and the number to divide by or subtract will be between 0 and range. (Of course, arithmetic will not ask you to divide by 0.) The default range is 10. When you get a problem wrong, arithmetic will remember the numbers involved, and will tend to select those numbers more often than others, in problems of the same sort. Eventually it will forgive and forget. arithmetic cannot be persuaded to tell you the right answer. You must work it out for yourself. DIAGNOSTICS
``What?'' if you get a question wrong. ``Right!'' if you get it right. ``Please type a number.'' if arithmetic doesn't understand what you typed. SEE ALSO
bc(1), dc(1) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD