Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What if we end up being the bad aliens? Post 66693 by Analyticworm on Wednesday 16th of March 2005 12:01:44 PM
Old 03-16-2005
The funny and sad thing I think is we think suicide is a horrible evil thing and when you look at alot of the things that we are doing to each other and the world we life in when the "big bang" does some it will be nothing more then a mass suicide on our part.

I look at the balances we share one shift in the current and we will end up in another iceage, one push of a button after a series of codes are incerted and the turing of a key and the world is a waste land. I think more then that with all of the single acts of violence in the world we are losing such more we lost what it means to be humain.

But I could be totally off the mark.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Looking for an end-to-end network diagnostic utility...

I am looking for a utility (Windows/Linux/Mac) that will allow me to run some test packets across a customer's network (between their client & my server) to identify a list of (or at least a guess of) all protocols and significant network settings that could adversely effect my systems performance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why I get bad bad substitution when using eval?

Why I get bad replace when using eval? $ map0=( "0" "0000" "0") $ i=0 $ eval echo \${map$i} 0000 $ a=`eval echo \${map$i}` !!!error happens!!! bash: ${map$i}: bad substitution How to resolve it ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Test program running taking much more time on high end server T5440 than low end server T5220

Hi all, I have written the following program and run on both T5440 and T5220 on same OS version. I found that T5540 server takes more time than T5220. Please find below the details. test1.cpp #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> using namespace std; #define NUM_OF_THREADS 20... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_singh85
17 Replies
LUSER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LUSER(8)

NAME
luser - process to control the clueless individuals who (mis)use computer systems, peripheral devices and system administrators. Word play on "loser" and "user". SYNOPSIS
luser [-d] [-g<level>] [-s] <lusername> DESCRIPTION
luser is the primary tool a system administrator uses to manage end-user requests. This powerful tool can actually cause the specified user to perform actions as specified by the flags. With no flags, luser deletes every running process owned by the specified <lusername>. OPTIONS
-d Disk reclamation mode. Remove all files in the home directory of <lusername>. -g<level> Grovel mode. Causes the specified luser to make an act of contrition to the sysadmin for past sins. The <level> indicates the sever- ity of the contrition: LEVEL 0 User makes a sincere apology and promises to never do it again. 1 User buys sysadmin a large quantity of sysadmin's favorite beverage. 2 User signs over ownership of his/her car to sysadmin. 3 User resigns from the company after writing a long letter of apology detailing his/her failings. 4 User commits ritual suicide by sucking on a power strip and grounding himself to a conduit. NOTES
Sysadmins are encouraged to use the -s option as a way to smarten up the world's user base. Use the -g option at level 4 outside the con- fines of the machine room. The more lusers that witness the act, the better. SEE ALSO
sysadmin(1) BUGS
Occasionally, the luser may survive the effects of luser -g4. In that event, a second invocation of the command will usually prove to be fatal. HISTORY
Written by Eric L. Pederson <eric@bofh.org.uk>. 25 September 1995 LUSER(8)