Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Master Console
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Master Console Post 66686 by Beetlejuice on Wednesday 16th of March 2005 11:01:57 AM
Old 03-16-2005
master console

My problem is that we run 3rd party software (Symitar) So even though I can get to the unix level I do not have many privleges. For instance, I have a very easy patch to put on yesterday but I had to use an UPDATE command fromthe master console to do it. With MPE I could just tell become the master console anywhere I wanted. There has to be a way to do the same thing with this system. And I am thinking that being the master console would be a unix thing. Even if I tn in and try the command, I get Must be done from Master console. I am trying to work around some of their traps and make life easier. I am far from a unix guru, yet.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

4. Programming

I want program to think I am at master console

We have an interactive program from a 3rd party. We don't have the code. When I execute some of its commands through telnet, it complains, "Command must be executed from master console". Can executing this program from a shell through telnet get around this problem? Can cron get around this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerryg01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want program to think I am at master console

We have an interactive program that when I execute some of its commands through telnet, it complains, "Command must be executed from master console". Can executing this program from a shell through telnet get around this problem? Can cron get around this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerryg01
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Console Vs Serial console.

Hi Gurus, Can some one explain me the difference between a IP console and a serial console. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies
Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)				       Tk Library Procedures					 Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_InitConsoleChannels - Install the console channels as standard channels SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_InitConsoleChannels(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which the console channels are created. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_InitConsoleChannels is invoked to create a set of console channels and install them as the standard channels. All I/O on these channels will be discarded until Tk_CreateConsoleWindow is called to attach the console to a text widget. This function is for use by shell applications based on Tk, like wish, on platforms which have no standard channels in graphical mode, like Win32. The interp argument is the interpreter in which to create and install the console channels. NOTE: If this function is used it has to be called before the first call to Tcl_RegisterChannel, directly, or indirectly through other channel functions. Because otherwise the standard channels will be already initialized to the system defaults, which will be nonsensical for the case Tk_InitConsoleChannels is for. SEE ALSO
console(n) KEYWORDS
standard channels, console Tk 8.5 Tk_InitConsoleChannels(3)