Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Network timeouts
Special Forums Cybersecurity UNIX Network timeouts Post 66679 by Allano on Wednesday 16th of March 2005 10:24:16 AM
Old 03-16-2005
Thanks for the reply. I am currently reviewing ndd to see if I can locate a network timeout setting.

Tnank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network problem Unix

Changed from a broken Switch to a working HUB everyting else in my network is ok after the change but not my RS/6000! It refuses to get connected, get time out on Pings both ways - strange? Could it be some problem with ARP?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolun
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network configuratio in unix

hi , evry1 i m new to unix and i m unable to configure the NIC present in the system. the OS is Unixware 2.1 and the NIC is an onboard Intel Ether Express Pro 100 B lan card . The intel 82557 chipset based card. I dont kno if any 1 of you has worked on this OS before . but I m unable to get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: /etc/passwd
2 Replies

3. Programming

Network Programming in Unix

Good day everyone, Please help if you are interested in. I need to do a chat client-server program. Does anyone know where I can get references or sample programs? Thank you very much for your time Eric (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: powermind
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Timeouts on Unix Server

Hi I am brand new to the forum I have very limited understanding of unix, but am very computer literate. At work we have a unix server which has been the bane of our lives. We have stopped being able to access the network drives and the screen has lots of device timeouts. I have learned how to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scovell01
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Facing file processing timeouts

Hi In our ETL application we have used simple scripts to move & split the files. We are randomly facing timeouts on these jobs. It indicates we are running out of resources. How should I confirm the resources are inadequate? I know we have commands like vmstat & iostat which displays... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
3 Replies

6. Programming

Unix network programming

Hi! I am working on fedora.. trying to execute BSD4.4 client-server program which includes "unp.h" header file... While executing make command, I got error like, " expected " , " , " ; ",or ")" in connect_nonb file...ERROR 1 " I tried to change mode of makefile but I can't get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nisha_vaghela
4 Replies

7. Programming

Unix Network Programming

I have written a client-server program which does some data from a file in server to the client. In this I don't want the client to wait indefinitely if server is not running. For this I am using SELECT system call, in this system call we can specify timings as an argument, which tells the client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh046
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timeouts in expect script

Hi all. I have an expect script which for walks across servers, checks freespace and provides sorted list of biggest files #!/usr/bin/expect -- set timeout 600 stty -echo log_user 0 spawn -noecho sudo -u introot /home/introot/bin/twssh expect root send_user "Entering \r" send "uname\r"... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
15 Replies

10. IP Networking

Problems and doubts with sockets and timeouts

Hi! I need some help to understand a little bit more the behaviour about socket and TCP connections... Here is my problem I have a client and a server that were written in python. The server program wait until a message arrive and then print the message but if the message not arrive in a second... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kovalevski
2 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout(3)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout - safe, reliable timeouts in perl SYNOPSIS
# non-timeout code... my $t = Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout->new({ secs => 5, deadline => $when }); $t->run(sub { # code to run with a 5-second timeout... }); if ($t->timed_out()) { # do something... } # more non-timeout code... DESCRIPTION
This module provides a safe, reliable and clean API to provide alarm(2)-based timeouts for perl code. Note that $SIG{ALRM} is used to provide the timeout, so this will not interrupt out-of-control regular expression matches. Nested timeouts are supported. PUBLIC METHODS
my $t = Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout->new({ ... options ... }); Constructor. Options include: secs => $seconds time interval, in seconds. Optional; if neither "secs" nor "deadline" is specified, no timeouts will be applied. deadline => $unix_timestamp Unix timestamp (seconds since epoch) when a timeout is reached in the latest. Optional; if neither secs nor deadline is specified, no timeouts will be applied. If both are specified, the shorter interval of the two prevails. $t->run($coderef) Run a code reference within the currently-defined timeout. The timeout is as defined by the secs and deadline parameters to the constructor. Returns whatever the subroutine returns, or "undef" on timeout. If the timer times out, "$t-<gt"timed_out()> will return 1. Time elapsed is not cumulative; multiple runs of "run" will restart the timeout from scratch. On the other hand, nested timers do observe outer timeouts if they are shorter, resignalling a timeout to the level which established them, i.e. code running under an inner timer can not exceed the time limit established by an outer timer. When restarting an outer timer on return, elapsed time of a running code is taken into account. $t->run_and_catch($coderef) Run a code reference, as per "$t-<gt"run()>, but also catching any "die()" calls within the code reference. Returns "undef" if no "die()" call was executed and $@ was unset, or the value of $@ if it was set. (The timeout event doesn't count as a "die()".) $t->timed_out() Returns 1 if the most recent code executed in "run()" timed out, or "undef" if it did not. $t->reset() If called within a "run()" code reference, causes the current alarm timer to be restored to its original setting (useful after our alarm setting was clobbered by some underlying module). perl v5.16.3 2011-06-06 Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout(3)