Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Question regarding window managers Post 66675 by dangral on Wednesday 16th of March 2005 10:11:12 AM
Old 03-16-2005
I would suggest getting the source code from a lightweight manager, maybe ratpoison. Take a look at that and see how it's done.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 Window Managers

Hello all, I just discovered something weird in my system, well maybe you already knew it, but it's new for me, i was looking for a file when i ended up in the /opt/sfw folder, and well, first i saw the bin folder, so i entered and discovered a bunch of programs that installed with the companion... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on x-window & which Linux to go with

Hi, Currently in my company, we are using Windows 2003 server and Exceed. Team from India can connect to the Windows 2003 server and start Exceed to run their UNIX application. The application is GUI based. As you know, Windows 2003 only allows two connection at any time. so I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

telnet window size question

Hello! I'm writing a small telnet client using Erlang and the gen_tcp library. I receive IAC WILL ECHO and IAC WILL SUPPRESS_GO_AHEAD which I respond to. Then I receive various text output from the server, and then this: resize: unknown character, exiting. I'm curious as to why I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gustav
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Context Managers in Python

Could anyone please explain Context Managers in Python with some detailed example or any URL that explains in detail? Initially tried to get some help from google... but not much satisfied. Thanks in advance... Regards, J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLWM(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_INSTALLWM(1)

NAME
dh_installwm - register a window manager SYNOPSIS
dh_installwm [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--priority=n] [wm...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installwm is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the postinst and prerm commands that register a window manager with update-alternatives(8). The window manager's man page is also registered as a slave symlink (in v6 mode and up). It must be installed in usr/share/man/man1/ in the package build directory prior to calling dh_installwm. In compat 9 and earlier, the manpage was optional. FILES
debian/package.wm List window manager programs to register. OPTIONS
--priority=n Set the priority of the window manager. Default is 20, which is too low for most window managers; see the Debian Policy document for instructions on calculating the correct value. -n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. Turns this command into a no-op. wm ... Window manager programs to register. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLWM(1)