Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what is sendmail ? how to use it ? Post 66578 by Neo on Tuesday 15th of March 2005 10:43:07 PM
Old 03-15-2005
www.sendmail.org

I recommend you go there......

Also, enjoy .....

http://www.sendmail.org/faq/

Neo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail.cf

Dear All , I have Linux Red Hat 6.1 , and i have sendmail (8.11.6 ) . i have big problem with spammers , i was looking in sendmail.cf configuration file and i saw this option , i tried it but it failed : the option is : # file containing known spammers by email,domain,ip Kjunk hash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

2. Programming

sendmail

hi, i am using sendmail function to send the mail for mail client. when i am sending mime content with attaching with body for the images. the image is not displaying in the mail box. all the mime content stuff is displaying. all the headers are proper. hope the reply for this (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagineni
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail

HI CAN ANYBODY HELP ME? I HAVE COME ACROSS A PROBLEM. I AM USING SENDMAIL IN HP-UX IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER /usr/sbin/sendmail -t someone@someplace.com < /path/to/file.log BUT THE RECEIPIENT DOESNOT GET THE ADDRESS IN THE TO: SECTION OF THE MAIL. ALSO I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY OPTION TO PUT A... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

sendmail.cf

we have two mail servers and want to setup failover for DR. we have a line in sendmail.cf like this DS smtp.domain.com and this works fine...... we changed it to DS smtp1.domain.com smtp2.domain.com this is bad, we get errors of savemail panic and many bounce messages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsonde
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail.cf

we have two mail servers and want to setup failover for DR. we have a line in sendmail.cf like this DS smtp.domain.com and this works fine...... we changed it to DS smtp1.domain.com smtp2.domain.com this is bad, we get errors of savemail panic and many bounce messages and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Help

Hi All, Can anyone help me out to know how can a mail be sent from sendmail command. I tried the below command sendmail -f user-host@xyz.com -s "Some Message" -t abcd@xyz.com It throwed a message -s... User unknown Message... User unknown Some... User unknown But this did not work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
1 Replies

7. Linux

Sendmail

How do i see all incoming mail's and outgoing mail's for a particular user and how do i list folders of sendmail (mailbox) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar824u
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail

Hi, I have sendmail running in my server. I would like to know the vendor of this sendmail running in the server. I read in a blog that there are many vendors for sendmail. Please advise me how could I identify the vendor for this? Thanks, Poovalingam. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poova
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
local.users(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						    local.users(4)

NAME
local.users - Specifies mail recipients on the local host. DESCRIPTION
The local.users file contains a list of user names whose mail is to be delivered to the local host and whose return address is user- name@hostname. Entries in the local.hosts file are in addition to other local users (such as root and postmaster). See sendmail.cf(4) for a description of other local users. You can add entries to this file if the host is configured as a simple client and either of the following is true: The user wants their mail delivered on this machine rather than being forwarded to the mail server. You are adding aliases to the /var/adm/sendmail/aliases file. When the host is configured as a simple client, the alias must be added to this file and the aliases file. A simple client is defined as a host that had the mail system configured using the MailConfig application from the System Management utili- ties or configured using the mailsetup utility's Quick Setup menu. The format of the file is as follows: User names are separated by blanks or new lines. Multiple user name can be specified on a line. Blank lines are ignored. A comment mark (#) ends the line. After modifying the local.users file, you must restart the sendmail daemon to apply the changes. Use the following command: # /sbin/init.d/sendmail restart EXAMPLES
root postmaster rw # A comment followed by an ignored blank line. # Another comment. mariah # Another comment. carey # Leading blanks are acceptable. FILES
Specifies the path name for the file. RELATED INFORMATION
Files: sendmail.cf(4). delim off local.users(4)