Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Networking unix & windows
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Networking unix & windows Post 66572 by reborg on Tuesday 15th of March 2005 08:45:56 PM
Old 03-15-2005
Something like would probaby be more useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskzned
mount -t smbfs -o username=xyz,password=abc,uid=xyz //windowmachine/share /mnt/folder

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking UNIX with WINDOWS

I am not that great with unix yet, We use them to run our test equipnemt for work. I am now trying to set them all up on the same network (hub) Is there a way that you can make the Windows unit see the Unix Box? I can only transfer file through a FTP program from the Unix to windows. ( This all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrb22250
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connectivity B/w Unix & windows

i want to install ScO UNIX 5.1 in a windows 98 system. i want it as a DUAL BOOT system. can i doit? If yes How. and also i want to network unix with my clients. is it poosible to network both unix & windows thru a single network card. if yes how? also i wanted to know that thru a switch can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigs
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking a SCO Unix box with a windows lan

Hi there! We have a SCO UNIX box that uses a bunch of dumb terminals. We also have a workgroup of 5 stations Is there a way that we can network the UNIX box to the workgroup for dumb terminal.. A novice would think you could TCP the UNIX machine through a hub and use hypertermal as a dumb... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: huilai
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

Networking Configuration for between UNIX and Windows OS

Good day! Im interested with unix application, however i don't have any idea on how to configure network on unix applicaton(server) to have a connection with windows operating system (worksatation). Please give me some facts how network works between unix and windows. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbbarrera
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

UNIX OS & Windows XP

Hello, Can someone please tell me if it is possible to install a Unix Os on a system that already has a Windows XP? If so, how do i go about it doing it?: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ike
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different Format in Unix & Windows

I used the following commands to store the discription of "sed" into a unix file: man sed > sed.txt But, after I download the file "sed.txt" to a Windows XP system, the file can not be displayed correctly. How to change the format of a Unix file to a Windows one? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: endeavour1985
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FILE MANAGEMENT in WINDOWS & UNIX

Hi, I am a new member here. I am in my final year of engineering in Computer & Information Systems. Wanted to know, how file management is done in both windows and unix. Kindly, tell me anyone who knows it in detail, or has any links regarding it. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farazcis
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl for Unix & Windows

Hi Even though this is unix forum, iam posting this thread as iam not sure of which forum should i post this too. I understand perl can be used in unix environment and i have used the same for automation of my processes. Eg: Open a file search the text string replace the text string close... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
9 Replies

9. AIX

sftp between Unix & windows

Guys, sftp between Unix & Windows I'd like to get good software or a way to how to configure sftp between ( windows to Unix ) and ( Unix to windows ) to be automatic login between the different operating systems without asking password .. Pls assist in this regard … (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Compatibility between Unix & Windows

Pl. let me know whether Sun Solaris Server (Unix OS) is compatible with Windows Server or Vise Versa. Can i update the data first in Windows Server and then copied it to Sun Solaris Server or Vise Versa. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seemaitri
1 Replies
NWCLIENT(5)							     nwclient							       NWCLIENT(5)

NAME
nwclient - configuration file for NWClient program suite DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the rather simple format of the file $HOME/.nwclient, the configuration file for the NWClient program suite. FILE FORMAT
The file $HOME/.nwclient consists of several lines, each describing a NWClient connection. Lines beginning with # and empty lines are ignored as comments. Because you can store passwords in .nwclient, the user programs will only scan .nwclient when only the file owner has access rights to the file. The file must be have permissions 0600. To specify a NWClient connection, the name of the file server, the user name to be used and a password is necessary. The server name and the user name are specified as SERVER/USER, and the password is separated by a blank. The password field can be omitted. In this case the user programs will ask you for a password. If you specify the password to be just a dash, then no password is used. The first valid specification has a special meaning: If the user does not name a server on the command line, the first specification is used as a 'preferred connection'. An example might be the following: # The preferred connection, the user is asked # for a password FS311/ME # And a passwordless account on another server CD-SERV/GUEST - With these lines in $HOME/.nwclient, calling 'ncpmount /mnt' will mount the the file server FS311 with user name ME on /mnt after asking the user for a password. ncpmount -S cd-serv /cd will silently mount the server cd-serv on /cd. nprint, pqlist and other user programs that require a valid login also look up $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and pos- sibly a password. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), slist(1), pqlist(1), nprint(1) nwclient 12/27/1995 NWCLIENT(5)