Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crtl+D
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers crtl+D Post 6656 by robocop on Sunday 9th of September 2001 07:55:13 PM
Old 09-09-2001
crtl+D

I want to beable to check whether ctrl-d has been pressed in a C++ program under unix. How is ctrl-d represented.

any help would be appreciated.

true

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crtl-c not working

hello, After I log into a box I run a small script so my backspace works, but after running the script the ctrl-c will not work anymore to break.. Will work before.. The script I run is below... I am on AIX 5.2. Thanks. set -o vi TMOUT=0 export TERM=xterm export HOST=`hostname` export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enter Crtl+U character in shell script

hi I have some program which accepts "Crtl+U" input, Now i want to run it thorugh my written script ...all other inputs are accepted but how to supply this input. I am supplying input parameters to the program named EX as below. ================================= main.sh . . EX<<EOF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

^ C = crtl+C ??

Why ^ C stands for crtl+C in ubuntu shell? also on gvim the shortcuts come this way too with weird symbols (like +gP). Where can I find a list of those? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frs
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Data file with Crtl file

Hi, I need to compare a file with its contents matching to that of another file(filename , received date and record count). Lets say has File A original data Ex - 1,abc,1234 2,bcd,4567 3,cde,8901 and File B has details of File A Ex- FILEA.TXT|06/17|2010|3 (filename)|(received... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth B
18 Replies
readkey(3alleg4)                                                  Allegro manual                                                  readkey(3alleg4)

NAME
readkey - Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int readkey(); DESCRIPTION
Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer, in ASCII format. If the buffer is empty, it waits until a key is pressed. You can see if there are queued keypresses with keypressed(). The low byte of the return value contains the ASCII code of the key, and the high byte the scancode. The scancode remains the same whatever the state of the shift, ctrl and alt keys, while the ASCII code is affected by shift and ctrl in the normal way (shift changes case, ctrl+letter gives the position of that letter in the alphabet, eg. ctrl+A = 1, ctrl+B = 2, etc). Pressing alt+key returns only the scan- code, with a zero ASCII code in the low byte. For example: int val; ... val = readkey(); if ((val & 0xff) == 'd') /* by ASCII code */ allegro_message("You pressed 'd' "); if ((val >> 8) == KEY_SPACE) /* by scancode */ allegro_message("You pressed Space "); if ((val & 0xff) == 3) /* ctrl+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Control+C "); if (val == (KEY_X << 8)) /* alt+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Alt+X "); This function cannot return character values greater than 255. If you need to read Unicode input, use ureadkey() instead. SEE ALSO
install_keyboard(3alleg4), ureadkey(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), clear_keybuf(3alleg4), simulate_keypress(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 readkey(3alleg4)