Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What if we end up being the bad aliens? Post 66422 by blowtorch on Monday 14th of March 2005 07:08:18 AM
Old 03-14-2005
About the big crunch, can anybody even imagine what will 'be' after the big crunch?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Looking for an end-to-end network diagnostic utility...

I am looking for a utility (Windows/Linux/Mac) that will allow me to run some test packets across a customer's network (between their client & my server) to identify a list of (or at least a guess of) all protocols and significant network settings that could adversely effect my systems performance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why I get bad bad substitution when using eval?

Why I get bad replace when using eval? $ map0=( "0" "0000" "0") $ i=0 $ eval echo \${map$i} 0000 $ a=`eval echo \${map$i}` !!!error happens!!! bash: ${map$i}: bad substitution How to resolve it ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Test program running taking much more time on high end server T5440 than low end server T5220

Hi all, I have written the following program and run on both T5440 and T5220 on same OS version. I found that T5540 server takes more time than T5220. Please find below the details. test1.cpp #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> using namespace std; #define NUM_OF_THREADS 20... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_singh85
17 Replies
IMMATCH(1)							   User Commands							IMMATCH(1)

NAME
immatch - AME SYNOPSIS
[-vl] [-m mag] [-n frac] [-s mode] [-g class] [-h maxref] [-i peak] DESCRIPTION
Match catalog to image stars from WCS in image file [-c catalog] [-p scale] [-b ra dec] [-j ra dec] [-r deg] [-t tol] [-x x y] [-y frac] FITS or IRAF file(s) -a ang: initial rotation angle in degrees (default 0) -b: initial center in B1950 (FK4) RA and Dec -c cat: reference catalog (gsc, uac, ujc, tab table file -d cat: Use following DAOFIND output catalog instead of search -f: Write output X Y RA Dec, instead of N RA Dec X Y -g num: Guide Star Catalog class (-1=all,0,3 (default -1) -h num: maximum number of reference stars to use (10-200, default 25 -i num: minimum peak value for star in image (<0=-sigma) -j: initial center in J2000 (FK5) RA and Dec -k: magnitude to use (1 to nmag) -l: reflect left<->right before rotating and fitting -mx m1[,m2]: initial reference catalog magnitude and limits -p num: initial plate scale in arcsec per pixel (default 0) -q: fit image to catalog magnitude polynomial(s) -r ang: rotation angle in degrees before fitting (default 0) -s frac: use this fraction extra stars (default 1.0) -t tol: offset tolerance in pixels (default 20) -u num: USNO catalog single plate number to accept -v: verbose -w: rotate image WCS with image -x x y: X and Y coordinates of reference pixel (default is center) -y num: multiply image dimensions by this for search (default is 1) -z: use AIPS classic projections instead of WCSLIB immatch 3.8.4 June 2012 IMMATCH(1)