Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: creator 3d / ffbconfig
Operating Systems Solaris creator 3d / ffbconfig Post 66392 by Perderabo on Sunday 13th of March 2005 11:32:14 PM
Old 03-14-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by reborg
Can you please post your related questions in the same thread, you already have another related to your graphic configuraion.
I have merged the threads.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Creator 3D Video Adapter

Hi everyone, it's me the Solaris novice once again. Here's my situation. - I bought a Sun Ultra 10 Creator 3D Workstation and Sony 19" SVGA Monitor package deal. - The system has the Creator 3D Video Adapter installed but I could not use it because the adapter has a 13w3 connection and my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarbuto
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX log to check group creator?

Is there a log or command in unix to check who created a user group? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbit
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Ultra 10 Creator 3D: enabling onboard VGA

Hello, I have an Ultra 10 Creator 3D working fine with a Sun monitor, but I'd like to use it with a VGA flat panel (it would be great if I could use both screens simultaneously). As I've read in a previous thread (https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/14875-creator-3d-video-adapter.html) this box... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ama
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for HEXA meta creator

Hi All, Need help how I can create a script generate a Meta if have give range. For e.g This is range 4264:4803 around 1440 device i need to built a script to create a meta file if I have input field as below Output format I need. Like that I need 40 meta with the rage of 30 device and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
0 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)