Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: emacs error... help!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers emacs error... help! Post 6631 by Neo on Saturday 8th of September 2001 09:18:27 PM
Old 09-08-2001
Sound like you are attempting to run a graphical front end to EMACS and not a command line version. Is that right?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to learn emacs?

I have been teaching myself unix a little here and a little there. I would like to learn emacs, or an editor that I would get the most use out of. What is the most used editor in unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macnix
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp in Emacs

Hi How can I do ftp using emacs. I strart the function by M-x ftp. It connects to the server where I can see the list of files. how can I do put or get there? Thanks SS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurya_s
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on EMACS

Any one has a good documentation on How To Use EMACs editor?? Thanks Ven :eek: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VENC22
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why emacs caused "command not found" error

I installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 on my PC. When i typed 'emacs' on the console, "command not found" error occurrd. Why. :mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

5. Programming

How to configure emacs? Thank!

I am using emacs to write c++ code. How to configure it to let the system highlight C++ keywords, variables, etc; and let it automatically indent, just like a common C++ IDE does? Any suggestions? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meili100
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

GNU Emacs Help

Hey everybody! Not sure if this goes here, but I think it's the best fit. I was just wondering, how do I use a compiler from Emacs? Also, how do I turn syntax highlighting on? Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: led3234
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs

could someone please tell me how do I work emacs on unix?? how do you input the command and open up files and edit stuff. I know M-x info will lauch the info viewer, C-x u is undo, M-x spell-region run a spell check but when i use some of these command on emacs in Unix, I'm getting no results or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starwind4
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help configuring emacs

Hi, I am using emacs now after some months with vim (nothing agains vim, in fact I love it, but everyone around me is using emacs and xemacs) and I need some configuration help. How may I configure emacs to look like code examples in this page which is good for my eye. Thanks in advance, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to compile in Emacs

I'm trying to compile two files in Emacs (guess.cpp and yesno.cpp). So I open up Emacs (the text version) and give the command M-x and then I try to type in "g++ -o asst guess.cpp yesno.cpp". But everytime after I type "g++" and try to do a space after that, it says and wont let me type a space? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackvelvet
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use emacs? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a beginner in unix. Please correct me if I put the question in a wrong way.. How to use emacs editor? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format? I have the following link :- http link i.e. url and path : /abc/xyz.dev/xyz/documents What... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
7 Replies
vecview(1)							 The VoxBo Manual							vecview(1)

NAME
vecview - graphical viewer for 1D (vector) or 2D (matrix) data SYNOPSIS
vecview [<flag> ...] <file> ... DESCRIPTION
vecview is part of the VoxBo suite of tools for brain image analysis. vecview allows you to view and explore one or more 1D vectors, or a single 2D matrix. Command line options allow you to concatenate vec- tors. Options in the graphical interface allow you to switch among multiple vectors or to view them all simultaneously. You can also view the power spectrum of the vector. The following keys are recognized by the grapher. The up arrow and down arrow let you zoom in or out. The tab key lets you switch between vectors when more than one is displayed. The shift key lets you see interpolated values (otherwise, clicking on the graph snaps to the nearest point). F1 through F4 select view modes. To get a list of command line flags, run the program with no arguments. AVAILABILITY
Pre-built VoxBo binaries are available for Linux, OSX, and Cygwin, and via the NeuroDebian project (neuro.debian.net) for Debian deriva- tives. CAVEATS
VoxBo is provided with no warranty whatsoever. AUTHOR
For an historical roster of the VoxBo development team, visit www.voxbo.org. SEE ALSO
For detailed help on any VoxBo command-line program, run it with no arguments. For graphical programs, use the -h flag. For more help with VoxBo, for information about the mailing list, or to report bugs, visit the web site at www.voxbo.org. For information about file format support in VoxBo, see voxbo-fileformats(7). For general information about VoxBo, see voxbo(7). VoxBo January, 2011 (v1.8.5) vecview(1)