Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help creating a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help creating a script Post 66205 by inLine6 on Friday 11th of March 2005 01:20:34 PM
Old 03-11-2005
The response from the request is

Timeout: No Response from ip address

So would I just change the code where is say
Code:
 [ $? -ne 0 ]

to say
Code:
 [ $? -ne Timeout: No Response from ip address ]

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
This should get you started:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
# assuming snmpget returns non-zero when printer not running snmp
echo "These ip addresses are not running snmp on " `date` > nosnmp.log
while read ipaddr
do                                                                                                                  
    snmpget -v 1 -c public $ipaddr sysName.0 
    if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then 
        echo "$ipaddr" >> nosnmp.log          
    fi    
done < iplist.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

creating a new C script

All right. Heres the deal, I need to know everysingle command or funtion there is to create a new c file (file.c). Heres the catch: I cannot use text editors!!!:mad: I heard of a "gcc" command is that any good?:confused: Thanks..:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbRa-KaDabRa
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a script

I am trying to create a application in OSX through UNIX that will run a script to mount an image from a CD-ROM and run the application which it corresponds to, all with double clicking on a icon in OSX. Any thoughts or ideas? -Mad (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madknowledge
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

5. Programming

need help with creating a sh script

Hi everyone I’m not a programmer and my knowledge of scripting is very poor, now I’m stock in a task at work and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Here is the problem: 1. I have a file with 9 million entries that look like this : 611424167 610864581 611881523 609585386... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiker1064
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a script

Alright, well I did some more research since I originally posted this thread, and as much as I'd like to delete it, I can't, so I'll just extend my initial question a little. Right now I have 3 scripts: 1#!/bin/bash # script1 - Write all files modfied x days ago find .. -daystart -mtime 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating file restoration script from a backup script.

Hi all i am struggling in creating a restore of env files while doing applications clone. the first file i created for copying the important configurations file which is running perfect now for reverting the changes i mean when i am restoring these files to its original places i have to do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a script

Hi everyone, I am completely new to this forum and I have some questions regarding a script I am writing. I would be happy if anyone could help me with the small and precise script which should include if, then, else, while until, case and select. The scenario is as follows: 1) A user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenotfound
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating script in rc.d

Hi, I have created customized scripts to start httpd and postgres (For CentOS 6) in /etc/init.d. However for it to work even after reboot, I have to put the script in /etc/rc.d/rc0.d, rc1.d, etc. # ls -lrt total 60 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 20199 Oct 4 2017 rc.sysinit -rwxr-xr-x 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
6 Replies
SNMPGET(1)							     Net-SNMP								SNMPGET(1)

NAME
snmpget - communicates with a network entity using SNMP GET requests SYNOPSIS
snmpget [COMMON OPTIONS] [-Cf] AGENT OID [OID]... DESCRIPTION
snmpget is an SNMP application that uses the SNMP GET request to query for information on a network entity. One or more object identifiers (OIDs) may be given as arguments on the command line. Each variable name is given in the format specified in variables(5). OPTIONS
-Cf If -Cf is not specified, some applications (snmpdelta, snmpget, snmpgetnext and snmpstatus) will try to fix errors returned by the agent that you were talking to and resend the request. The only time this is really useful is if you specified a OID that didn't exist in your request and you're using SNMPv1 which requires "all or nothing" kinds of requests. In addition to this option, snmpget takes the common options described in the snmpcmd(1) manual page. Note that snmpget REQUIRES an argu- ment specifying the agent to query and at least one OID argument, as described there. EXAMPLES
The command: snmpget -c public zeus system.sysDescr.0 will retrieve the variable system.sysDescr.0 from the host zeus using the community string public : system.sysDescr.0 = "SunOS zeus.net.cmu.edu 4.1.3_U1 1 sun4m" If the network entity has an error processing the request packet, an error packet will be returned and a message will be shown, helping to pinpoint in what way the request was malformed. If there were other variables in the request, the request will be resent without the bad variable. Here is another example. The -c and -v options are defined in the snmpcmd(1) manual page. (Note that system.sysUpTime is an incomplete OID, as it needs the .0 index appended to it): snmpget -v1 -Cf -c public localhost system.sysUpTime system.sysContact.0 This example will return the following: Error in packet Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB. This name doesn't exist: system.sysUpTime Similarly, the command: snmpget -v1 -c public localhost system.sysUpTime system.sysContact.0 Will return: Error in packet Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB. This name doesn't exist: system.sysUpTime system.sysContact.0 = STRING: root@localhost With the -Cf flag specified the application will not try to fix the PDU for you. SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), snmpwalk(1), variables(5). V5.6.2.1 18 Jun 2007 SNMPGET(1)