Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ufsrestore, revisited
Operating Systems Solaris ufsrestore, revisited Post 66187 by ECBROWN on Friday 11th of March 2005 10:50:31 AM
Old 03-11-2005
Still having the same problem.

Tried boot -s cdrom
did a stop-a to get to the prom menu, noticed the partitions are still mounting on their own. Can't umount any of them. Am I just halting the system at the wrong time? I'm doing it after I see the solaris banner.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Search and Replace - Revisited

I have a ascii file with lines like this: 240|^M\ ^M\^M\ Old Port Marketing order recd $62,664.- to ship 6/22/99^M\ when this record gets loaded into my database, the \ is stored literally and so the user sees carriage return \ (hex 0D 5C) when what i need is carriage return line feed (hex 0D... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brandt
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore revisited,,

in ufsrestore how do i know which volume my selected folder or file exist?. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S26+
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx on ksh revisited

I have read through all documents in FAQ and have run into an issue with sending an email with body message text and an email attachment. I have included what I have thus far and I can get the message body to send in the email to work only. I cannot understand the uuencode even after I read the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekline
5 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

BAM to SOA - Da? Buzzhype Revisited

Many readers have read the hype, experienced the Orwellian marketspeak, watched the positioning debates, and seen poorly managed software companies play the game of analyst-chasing (similar to ambulance chasing when you think about it). Finally, the up-to-date definitions, and hopefully a bit of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. Solaris

ls display linux style, revisited!!!

hi all, ive downloaded ,built and installed coreutils from sunfreeware.com,in my quest to get the color display when ls is used(linux style)... After the pkg is installed,how do i use ls to get the color? I know its installed because i get a host of cmds that have been updated,l like this, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FIND command question revisited

I'm using this in AIX to find what file contains the value 'batch' in it, in all directories. find / -type f -exec grep -l batch {} /dev/null \; My question is, what if I only wanted to search *.sh files, and I wanted to pipe the results to a file called 'batch_find.txt'. How could I code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional identification of suffixes moving from right to left: revisited

Dear all, I have a large database of names which I have sorted on reverse with a Perl Script. A sample is provided below agarsingh aghansingh akalsingh akamsingh akbareesingh akhamisingh akramysingh akuvsingh anchalusingh andaroosingh angadsingh anjawsingh angibai angobai angurbai... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
11 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)