Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pls help me
Operating Systems Linux pls help me Post 66157 by Neo on Friday 11th of March 2005 02:21:43 AM
Old 03-11-2005
You will have a better chance to get a reply to your question at the Squid web site.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help pls

Hi, I'm a newbie. I need help on my first assignment in UNIX. 1. How do I determine the number of non-empty directories? I was told to create a variable ARCHIVE, which points to the directory that contains the archive of the messages. But I'm so dumb and I don't even know how to do this. 2. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hygsg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls Help

Hi every one I have got very very bad Email, My question is: How can I get all information about that f*** Email, I do mean IP,reall name, Adress, user name, password etc... I wonder if there is any program or website that I can see that email, help me please When I used windows Xp(old... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cano
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help pls!

Hi... Why should I press F1 to start windows?! I have Xp in my computer... thx 4 help Cano (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cano
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help

I have a list of variables: ss1, ss5, ss6, ss8, st2 etc. (these values are not fixed, configurable). Now, I have assigned ss5=”test”. And I want to search in the list for the string “test” to know which variable is having the value “test”. Can u pls tell me how to do this? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanchan_cp
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help

Hi, I need your help guys. I have two data files, namely 101.amberized.pdb & 101.pdb . Now I want to replace the whole 3rd column of 101.amberized.pdb with the 3rd column of 101.pdb file. How do I do it in shell? Thanks in advance Parimal (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuchu
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help

Hi Folks, I am new to this forum. and I just started learning shell scripting. I have a file called energy.out which looks like: -218213.3729 -224215.0059 -221509.3651 -221094.2627 -220660.3223 -222630.2339 -218697.8693 Now I want to calculate the average of energies and then average... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Pls do help me

When i run this command, everything is ok. The file can be email and attached but soon after i download the file, the file cant be read. It's seem corrupted. Totally cant be read although i'm using context or wordfile. Original file generated at ek_bkup/alert/tbspace_datafile.log is OK..... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP PLs

I have this code: #!/bin/sh awk 'BEGIN NR == 2 repl = "PHI" $4 = repl print $0 'dryloop.txt and this code: #!/bin/sh sed -e '1s/\|$/\|COMID\|/g' -e 's/^087.*$/&PHI\|g' hl.dsldryloop > textdry.txt My code won't work. I want to change the COMID of lines starting with 087 . this is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkhei
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help me.. soon. Very urgent

I have downloaded the Putty SSH configuration. I have entered my Host name as illinois.engr.sjsu.edu and i am trying to save that. But i am unable to save. Also i opened the session and entered my log in name But it says using keyboard interactive authentication.I am not able to get into $ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help pls

How to find the ten most common words in a file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jass
1 Replies
basic_ncsa_auth(8)					      System Manager's Manual						basic_ncsa_auth(8)

NAME
basic_ncsa_auth - NCSA httpd-style password file authentication helper for Squid SYNOPSIS
basic_ncsa_auth passwd file DESCRIPTION
basic_ncsa_auth allows Squid to read and authenticate user and password information from an NCSA/Apache httpd-style password file when using basic HTTP authentication. This password file can be manipulated using htpasswd. This authenticator accepts: * Blowfish - for passwords 72 characters or less in length * SHA256 - with salting and magic strings * SHA512 - with salting and magic strings * MD5 - with optional salt and magic strings * DES - for passwords 8 characters or less in length NOTE: Blowfish and SHA algorithms require system-specific support. OPTIONS
The only parameter is the password file. It must have permissions to be read by the user that Squid is running as. CONFIGURATION
basic_ncsa_auth /etc/squid/squid.pass basic_ncsa_auth must have access to the password file to be executed. KNOWN ISSUES
DES functionality (used by htpasswd by default) silently truncates passwords to 8 characters. Allowing login with password values shorter than the one desired. This authenticator will reject login with long passwords when using DES. AUTHOR
This manual was written by Amos Jeffries <amosjeffries@squid-cache.org> Based on original documentation by Rodrigo Rubira Branco <rrbranco@br.ibm.com> COPYRIGHT
This file is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this file; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA QUESTIONS
Questions on the usage of this program can be sent to the Squid Users mailing list <squid-users@squid-cache.org> REPORTING BUGS
Bug reports need to be made in English. See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting for details of what you need to include with your bug report. Report bugs or bug fixes using http://bugs.squid-cache.org/ Report serious security bugs to Squid Bugs <squid-bugs@squid-cache.org> Report ideas for new improvements to the Squid Developers mailing list <squid-dev@squid-cache.org> SEE ALSO
squid(8), htpasswd(1), GPL(7), The Squid FAQ wiki http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq The Squid Configuration Manual http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/ May 16, 2006 basic_ncsa_auth(8)