Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell script program
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory shell script program Post 65769 by jayaram_miryabb on Wednesday 9th of March 2005 12:16:11 AM
Old 03-09-2005
shell script program

shell script for sorting,searchingand insertion/deletion of elements in a list

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to include shell script in C program

hi I want to call a shell script in C program the script is : ssh -t user@remote sh /<remote>home/user/<file_name>.sh and other several commands C program : Call this script and the retrive the task that is been done in <file_name>.sh file can any one tell me how... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on C-shell script program

#!/bin/csh # This program will add integers # # # add integer1 .. # # Check for argument if ($#argv == 0 ) then echo "usage: add integers" exit 1 else set input = $argv endif # set sum = 0 foreach var ( $input ) @sum = $sum + $input end # (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haze21
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call C Program From Shell Script

Hi, Could anybody please let me know how to call a C_Program from shell script. I know through command "system" we can call shell script from C program. Awaiting response. Thanks and regards, Chanakya M (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

program for multiplication in shell script

Hi, I wanted to write a schell program that fetches the values from a file and prints the output as its onerall multiplication. for example I have a file named abc. it has values 2, 3, 4 now my program should give me 2*3*4 ie 24. note:this file abc can have any numbers. so experts,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.krish
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to launch C program

Hi there, im new too shell scripting and was wondering if it is possible to create a shell script to take in a variable and load a c program. My C program is a file monitor, and is started by using the terminal and using to following code ./monitor FileToBeMonitored is it possible to have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazmcc182
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting a C++ program from shell script

Hi, I have a little problem...I want to do the following things: Have my own little script that has 2/3 functions and starts a c++ application using some parameters. The problems appear when I start the c++ app using the shell script, the c++ takes over and after I ctrl+c the script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: valiadi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script program

shell script in Unix/Linux to find the lines numbers of a text file are having word which is 5 to 10 characters long and having first letter as a capital letter. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usersnehal
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a program in shell script

I followed the directions here Free Twitter Source Code ? Twitter Database Server: Install and created a php script that enters twitter keyword searches into a MySQL DB. When you execute the files outlined in the above link, a script starts indefinitely. I've noticed that the scripts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help writing a shell script program

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write the a shell script program to remove all space characters stored in the shell variable TEXT.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kofine05
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a shell script to program

Hi I am new in programming. I have written a shell code, but i want to secure my code. I have tried SHC. It is converting it to binary, but can be converted in plain text again by core dump. I have tried to convert it in rpm by "rpmbuild -bb my.spec" option but the result is same. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
4 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)