Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mails from unix server are not being received Post 65755 by Neo on Tuesday 8th of March 2005 08:10:37 PM
Old 03-08-2005
vkandati, this is too general a question.

Perhaps you should ask Gollum? Gollum does not seem to mind these general questions.

Link to Gollum's forum.

Please be nice and don't abuse our forum bot, OK?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

can C language received information from Linux/Unix

Hi ! Can C -langauge interface with Unix/Linux? Currently i have written a application for SMS using C programing. I would like to know if i am able to receive information from Unix/Linux so that it can activate the application. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JOHNSON
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting received mail in unix and another error

hello! when issuing the mail command to see my received mail, i get this error: (server)starla:/home/starla>mail Warning: Too many letters, overflowing letters concatenated msgcnt 27378 vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg00/lvol4 file system full (1 block extent) mail: no space for temp file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: starla0316
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to allow roaming client to send mails via its mail server

Hi folks OS- Debian Etch Xen postfix courier perdition perdition-mysql MySQL Single public IP Dom0 - Debian Etch workstation Server-1, domU1 for routing with perdition and perdition-mysql installed Server-2, domU2, mail server for domain-A Server-3, domU3, mail server for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding mails from Solaris server

Hi, I am facing a problem with the mails coming from one of my server. The server hostname is "britten" and one of its aliases is "espmgy" in /etc/hosts. When I am sending any mail from the server its coming from abhi@espmgy.com instead of abhi@britten.com Can anyone tell me from where... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't configure sendmail to send mails to external SMTP Server

Hi all,I know, that this is very common issue, but I can't find where is the problem... I have Solaris 10 installed.I want to send mail to external SMTP server, like:echo "letter body"| mailx -s "subject" test@test.comBut I donno what kind of changes I have to do in /etc/hosts and sendmail.cf or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

Mailx command running successfully but no mails received.

Hi, I am working on a HP-UX box. Mailx command running successfully but no mails received. Here is what I am doing rocfm@comhp73 - mailx -s "subject" abc@gmail.com < abc.txt Null message body; hope that's ok rocfm@comhp73 - echo $? 0 rocfm@comhp73 - echo "something" | mailx -v -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunayna
1 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Can't POP the mails off the server, the mailbox is corrupt!

SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5 (worf.xxx.com) Worf is my proxy Server, and it runs my Lan with windows PCs, wk2s & XPs. There are only two users who POP the mailbox from the Server to client, elena and me nancy! elena can POP her email mailbox is just fine. We use Eudora and for years we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nancy L
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't POP the mails off the server, the mailbox is corrupt!

First, please forgive me for my 2nd attempt to post in a Forum! And btw, the Code Tags tutorial has the fonts and the sizes, but when I am editing my post none of those fonts and sizes are not there! SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5 (worf.xxx.com) Worf is our proxy & POP Server, and it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nancy L
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unable to receive mails from email relay server

Hi, I have reports that are generated in one server (10.61.1.108), hostname l28bi01. These reports are supposedly sent to a group of email addresses hourly via an email relay server. However, this is not happening. In sendmail.cf in bi01, the DS Smart Relay Host ip address is: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies
.K5LOGIN(5)							File Formats Manual						       .K5LOGIN(5)

NAME
.k5identity - Kerberos V5 client principal selection rules DESCRIPTION
The .k5identity file, which resides in a user's home directory, contains a list of rules for selecting a client principals based on the server being accessed. These rules are used to choose a credential cache within the cache collection when possible. Blank lines and lines beginning with '#' are ignored. Each line has the form: principal field=value ... If the server principal meets all of the field constraints, then principal is chosen as the client principal. The following fields are recognized: realm If the realm of the server principal is known, it is matched against value, which may be a pattern using shell wildcards. For host- based server principals, the realm will generally only be known if there is a domain_realm section in krb5.conf with a mapping for the hostname. service If the server principal is a host-based principal, its service component is matched against value, which may be a pattern using shell wildcards. host If the server principal is a host-based principal, its hostname component is converted to lower case and matched against value, which may be a pattern using shell wildcards. If the server principal matches the constraints of multiple lines in the .k5identity file, the principal from the first matching line is used. If no line matches, credentials will be selected some other way, such as the realm heuristic or the current primary cache. EXAMPLE
The following example .k5identity file selects the client principal alice@KRBTEST.COM if the server principal is within that realm, the principal alice/root@EXAMPLE.COM if the server host is within a servers subdomain, and the principal alice/mail@EXAMPLE.COM when accessing the IMAP service on mail.example.com. alice@KRBTEST.COM realm=KRBTEST.COM alice/root@EXAMPLE.COM host=*.servers.example.com alice/mail@EXAMPLE.COM host=mail.example.com service=imap SEE ALSO
kerberos(1), krb5.conf(5) .K5LOGIN(5)