Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers is it possible to echo 'some text' every 10 minutes on my screen Post 65722 by vkandati on Tuesday 8th of March 2005 04:18:52 PM
Old 03-08-2005
is it possible to echo 'some text' every 10 minutes on my screen

is it possible to echo 'some text' every 10 minutes on my screen continues ,
without cron.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo or print to screen and file

I did a search for this topic but I couldn't find it and I was sure I have seen something similar before (hard because I am not sure of the criteria for the keywords) What I was looking for was to be able to echo a message to the screen from a bash.sh script at the same time logging it to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set variable to Home, then echo it to screen

Major Newbie here folks. I'm trying to set a variable to my Home directory and then echo it to the screen. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Anna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amidget
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo to both screen and a file

Please help me to simplify my below script. #!/bin/bash LOG_FILE=/tmp/log.txt echo "Hello" echo "Hello" >> /tmp/log.txt Is there anyway, that I can echo "Hello" to both screen and file with one single echo command ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo 2 txt files to screen no carraige return

I have two text files, each of then only containing ONE line and NO carraige return or white space at the end...how do I echo both of these text files to the screen without putting an extra line? I want to do this from the command line. file1.txt: this is file1.txt 1 file2.txt: this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect an "echo" to log and screen?

Hi folks. Within a script, i am trying to redirect the output of my commands to both log file and onscreen... Here is the section, where i write to the logfile. But i'd like to send the "echo "Creating LUN $2$COUNTER..." to screen as well... Can that be done? Thanks. { subtitle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo command with screen and ssh

Hi, i need to execute echo command to write in a txt file on a remote machine. i did it in this way: ssh user@remotemachine "echo "put text here" > /home/user/myfile.txt" I tried to run the same command within a detached screen in this way: ssh user@remotemachine screen -dm "echo "put... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brembo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo both to the screen and to a file

In shellscript, I want to display echo message in console and in the log file. please help me to display this message in two places. I am using below statment to display messsage, but it is displaying in log file only. echo "Server Already running" >> serverlog 2>&1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kri
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies
timetrans(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    timetrans(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::timetrans - Convert an integer seconds count into text units. SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::timetrans; $timestring = timetrans(86488); $timestring = fuzzytimetrans(86488); DESCRIPTION
The timetrans() interface in Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::timetrans converts an integer seconds count into the equivalent number of days, hours, and minutes. The time converted is a relative time, not an absolute time. The returned time is given in terms of days, hours, minutes, and seconds, as required to express the seconds count appropriately. The fuzzytimetrans() interface converts an integer seconds count into the equivalent number of weeks or days or hours or minutes. The unit chosen is that which is most natural for the seconds count. One decimal place of precision is included in the result. INTERFACES
The interfaces to the Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::timetrans module are given below. timetrans() This routine converts an integer seconds count into the equivalent number of days, hours, and minutes. This converted seconds count is returned as a text string. The seconds count must be greater than zero or an error will be returned. Return Values: If a valid seconds count was given, the count converted into the appropriate text string will be returned. An empty string is returned if no seconds count was given or if the seconds count is less than one. fuzzytimetrans() This routine converts an integer seconds count into the equivalent number of weeks, days, hours, or minutes. This converted seconds count is returned as a text string. The seconds count must be greater than zero or an error will be returned. Return Values: If a valid seconds count was given, the count converted into the appropriate text string will be returned. An empty string is returned if no seconds count was given or if the seconds count is less than one. EXAMPLES
timetrans(400) returns 6 minutes, 40 seconds timetrans(420) returns 7 minutes timetrans(888) returns 14 minutes, 48 seconds timetrans(86400) returns 1 day timetrans(86488) returns 1 day, 28 seconds timetrans(715000) returns 8 days, 6 hours, 36 minutes, 40 second timetrans(720000) returns 8 days, 8 hours fuzzytimetrans(400) returns 6.7 minutes fuzzytimetrans(420) returns 7.0 minutes fuzzytimetrans(888) returns 14.8 minutes fuzzytimetrans(86400) returns 1.0 day fuzzytimetrans(86488) returns 1.0 day fuzzytimetrans(715000) returns 1.2 weeks fuzzytimetrans(720000) returns 1.2 weeks COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wayne Morrison, tewok@tislabs.com SEE ALSO
timetrans(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-18 timetrans(3pm)