Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dtksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting dtksh Post 65626 by tmarikle on Monday 7th of March 2005 03:34:49 PM
Old 03-07-2005
jolok, thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolok
Yep, looks like it's a graphical shell.
Could you be more specific? What does "it's a graphical shell" mean exactly? Does it have a bigger memory foot print (I would assume so)? Am I going to realize seriously poor performance because it is a graphical shell? As I said, I ran some tests and I am not using xterm and text is being dumped to my tty. So, essentially, I would like to know if I would be adversly affected by using it.

Quote:
You can get ksh93 (ast-ksh)
Not a chance, especially since my scripts are ksh88 compatible. At a minimum, I would like to use associate arrays in a couple instances.

Thomas

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dtksh + Motif newb

I have a script that creates a Form and multiple textfield, text, and label widgets in which the user inputs data, and submits it to be organized and formatted accordingly.... Some of the information that the user is manually adding comes from a text area in a separate application. Is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: insamniac
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dtksh gui help

I'm trying to make a gui to automate several tasks. I have already set up most of the labels and buttons, but am stuck on this... I need to ssh into a specific password protected server, when attempting to login using the button on my gui, it asks for the password on the terminal window instead... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: melloyello294
0 Replies
SHCOMP(1)						    User Environment Utilities							 SHCOMP(1)

NAME
shcomp - compile a ksh93 shell script SYNOPSIS
shcomp [ options ] [infile] [outfile]] ORIGIN OF THIS MAN PAGE
This man page was written by Christophe Martin <Schplurtz@free.fr> for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It is based on "shcomp --man" output. DESCRIPTION
Unless -D is specified, shcomp takes a shell script, infile, and creates a binary format file, outfile, that ksh93 can read and execute with the same effect as the original script. Since aliases are processed as the script is read, alias definitions whose value requires variable expansion will not work correctly. If -D is specified, all double quoted strings that are preceded by $ are output. These are the messages that need to be translated to locale specific versions for internationalization. If outfile is omitted, then the results will be written to standard output. If infile is also omitted, the shell script will be read from standard input. OPTIONS
-D, --dictionary Generate a list of strings that need to be placed in a message catalog for internationalization. -n, --noexec Displays warning messages for obsolete or non-conforming constructs. -v, --verbose Displays input from infile onto standard error as it reads it. --man Displays this man page on standard error and exits. --help Shows a short help message and exits. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. DEBIAN WARNING
On a Debian GNU/Linux system, more than one package may provide ksh. the output of shcomp can only be used by ksh93. Any other ksh will be unable to run the compiled script. EXAMPLE
( echo '#! /bin/ksh93' ; shcomp myscript ) > myscript.bin && chmod 755 myscript.bin ./myscript.bin SEE ALSO
ksh(1) IMPLEMENTATION
version shcomp (AT&T Labs Research) 2012-02-29 author David Korn <dgk@research.att.com> copyright Copyright (c) 1982-2012 AT&T Intellectual Property license http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/epl-v10.html KSH93 Fri Jun 3 2005 SHCOMP(1)